1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

200 straight in c class today

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smartass, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smartass

smartass TS Member

damn sandbagger. No C class shooter should ever shoot more than 199.

2. steevo

steevo TS Member

Congrats to him!!

3. rumplestilskin

rumplestilskin TS Member

C class average is 90% to 93%. The Avg. score on a 200 rock shoot should be about 180 - 186. Don't forget the pressure of shooting in a Major shoot and dealing with nerves of shooting 100 straight and then shooting at the last 5 targets for the 200 straight.

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

He had 2200 targets in 2006 for a 91.5 average.....so he has been planning this "sandbagging event" for 2 years??? please......did he use 7.5's or 8's?

5. smartass

smartass TS Member

The only thing worse than a sandbagger is a sandbagger apologist.

6. stevea

stevea TS Member

200 straight is 200 straight still good shooting he just started shooting in 2006.

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

I dont think he was an honest legitimate full time sandbagger ... probably just a part time illegitimate one.

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

No legitimate Class C shooter should ever break a 200 straight. Hell, most AA shooters have never broken one although blind squirrels have found nuts!!

9. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

that's what im talking about?

10. Deanoo

Deanoo TS Member

its sad - someone does something outstanding , something i havent done , and we see many posts that he is a sandbagger , i would have got very excited to break 200 and then i would be reading along in this forum and see this thread where you get dogged .wow you guys are great

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

Deanoo ... this was bait thrown upon the waters. It most likely did happen but the poster posted it knowing it would get the responses it has ... the bait was thrown upon the calm waters of TS.com and it brought many fish to the surface and it has only been proven that is what was meant since the original post has now been deleted.

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Who was the shooter? I would like to congratulate him/her.

13. stevea

stevea TS Member

i know this shooter. his name is jeff newman he is a jr shooter just started shooting in 2006. i have shot with him hes not a sandbagger. he just had a good day. i sense alot of people on here are jealous. good shooting jeff.
    steve

14. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I got beat a couple of weeks ago by a C class Junior shooter he broke a 100 as a matter of fact he wore everybody out at the shoot because he was the lone 100 out of over 45 shooters.

There was also a junior shooter that won the handicap from the 25 or 26 yard line with a score of 96 so im with Steve on this one maybe some are jealous of him im sure he will be in a higher class pretty soon so say good shooting there son instead im sure he hasn't shot long enough to get all of the bad habits and excuses down path yet.

Fog

15. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I don't believe too many if anyone sandbags in this game. For what reason to do so. If your a money shooter than to sanbag serves no purpose. If your going for trophys' well you can't win them sandbagging. I've personally have 2 100's under my belt but the last 4 PITA shoots I've been to I've shot way under my average. I WAS NOT sandbagging but to look at my scores compared to last year one could certainly accuse me but they'd be wrong. I really doubt this guy sandbagged. He may have been a bit lucky on a few birds. Any way I say congradulation too him and wish it were me.

16. smsnyder

HA, i once got a trophy for D class. i was the only shooter in the class. lol

17. smsnyder

HA, i once got a trophy for D class. i was the only shooter in the class. lol opps, i need a release mouse

18. k newman

k newman TS Member

I never thought I'd have this conversation, but will set the record straight before anyone gets too derogatory about my son. work prevented me from being there, but thanks to cell technology and rjstuart I felt like I shared it.

Yes -- he shot 200 in 'C' class today. It was his first 100 straight, and first 200 straight all in one day. he registered with the ATA april of last year, and shot trap for the first time less than 6 months before that. It was also done while shooting with his SCTP team, which I believe smsnyder sponsors. This team shot 954 of 1000 a few weeks ago, but did not fair as well today.

All the attention seems focused on him - there was another 200 straight from a vet in 'C' class today, and there was a shoot off for the class trophy. Jeff lost in the second 25.

Jeff did not shoot all winter, and has less than 1500 singles in the current year - two scores were in the low 80's. If those were thrown out, he'd still only be in 'B' class in a 6 class shoot.

I have no sympathy for anyone. he had a good day. he's also been up and down the road for a year, shooting respectable scores for a beginner, only to be non-competitive due to the high scores. Does anyone know what it takes to win sub-junior or junior these days at a bigger shoot? 197 won junior singles at bradford last week. Look at yesterday's scores in junior. We go to the shoots, expecting that it takes 194 and above to be in consideration for ANYTHING - ANY CLASS. That's the way it is. the only other prayer is breaking a good score from short yardage -- which is why it makes little sense to shoot caps at a nickel and dime shoot if you aren't already on the 27. 1/2 yard for shooting 89 is your fault, not the people who dropped targets to give it to you !!!

19. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I wonder if, or when I get my first 200 straight, someone will say I've been sandbagging for the last 30 or so years. lol

Hauxfan!

20. k newman

k newman TS Member

OH, BTW, he uses 1 ounces of 8 shot -- shoots a 682, and needs a new gun and more shells!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.