1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

200 Straight From The 27!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by colobiggun, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

Today at Colorado Clays, Scott Obenchain ran 200 straight from the 27 yard line. The first one completed his Grand Slam, and the second one was just to prove the first was not a fluke! My daughter was lucky enough to be on his squad to witness this fantastic achievement first hand. Just last week she was on Ethan McCauley's squad when he completed his slam, so now she is convinced she is a lucky charm. I doubt either of those two would dispute it. Congratulations Scott, and good luck in Vernal!!

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

colobiggun

I don't have a clue but I bet that this is a record for a 200 straight from the 27 yard line so was this an A.T.A. event if so then im sure it will be recorded and hard to beat.

And even if it ain't then I bet all of the pro trapshooters can't do it all in 1 day.

Fog

3. bigben

bigben Active Member

Foggy, don't bet the farm, the record is 505 straight by Daro Handy, anyway a fantastic performance by Scott! incinerate em!

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Bigben, Was Daro's all in one day?

5. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

It was a registered event, and I'm not sure if it is a record for one day (though the best anyone could do is tie it, as there were only two hundred targets thrown for the day). I just know it was amazing to watch, as I had never seen it done before. He is actually over 250 straight, as he had ran his last 50 from the day before for a 97, and then the 200 on Sunday. Not bad for a guy who was just looking to complete his Grand Slam.

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Scott! That is great shooting.

7. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

That is indeed some fine shooting. Congrats to him on the accomplishment!

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I got 5 straight a few times in one day ... lol Congratulations on some great shooting ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. Vernal Rod & Gun

Vernal Rod & Gun Active Member

Congratulations Scott!!! That puts you in some very ellite company. Dan Bonillas shot back to back 100s in one day at the California State shoot a few years ago and Jimmy Heller did the same thing at this years Ca. State shoot. Again, congrats on a remarkable feat. Hope to see you here in Vernal for our Fall Hdcp this week. Sean Hawley

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

colobiggun...I am convinced your daughter is a good luck charm too...PM me so I can give you my address to send her to before the next big shoot

11. canada

canada Member

thats great shooting, good for you! jason folvag from north dakota has done it as well, and same circumstance too. he shot his first 100 from the 27 he ever had and for good measure, shot another one.

12. KenC

KenC Member

No question about it, Scott is a force. Way to go.

I think another Colo shooter, Alex Ragulsky, may have gone 200 straight from the 27 up in Montana.

13. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

I'm just glad I had him in this calcutta...LOL

14. gunracer

gunracer TS Member

It was a pretty amazing thing to watch even though I only saw the last 14!!!!

Great Shooting Scott!

colobiggun

I knew I should have run him up in the Calcutta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.