1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

200 Straight - Doubles - North Carolina

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nomderf, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

The program today at the Buckhorn Gun Club near Mebane NC was 200 singles and 100 pair of doubles.

Jimmy Wilson broke his first 200 in singles at the VA State Shoot and has been shooting great as of late.

He won the singles event today with a 198 and then came the doubles. We had the pleasure of shooting in this squad and it included George Ponton, Chuck Patterson and Bill Howe.

Jimmy broke the first 100 in doubles at this club today which was quite an achievement in itself.

His back was tightening up prior to the 2nd 100 and I really never even considered what was about to happen.

We shot the 1st trap and yes Jimmy was 50 straight. We got to the second trap and all of us were really hoping that he could get it done.

He was straight going into his last post and then his last pair and yes he was the tailgunner. The entire squad was shooting good and then it came down to his last pair.

There was a brief pause before he mounted the gun and then called for the pair. He was on post four and he broke the straightaway and headed for the right angle. He broke the pair cleanly and what an accomplishment for sure.

Breaking your first 200 in singles is amazing for the folks that can do it. Breaking 200 consecutive doubles targets is even more amazing.

I am sure there have been others that have done it but I got to see it happen for myself!

38-01615

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Something has happened to Jimmy this year. I wish it would happen to me.

Pat Ireland

3. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Jimmy, Way to go. Great shooting. Roland

4. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

WOW !! I don't know this fine shooter but if he would be willing to have a Doubles Clinic I would like to be his first student !!! Great Job !!!...............Uncle Sam, Pa.

5. straightaway

straightaway TS Member

well, i see the lessons i gave him have finally taken.

my regret is that i wasn't there to lead him off.

GREAT SHOOTING buddy!!!!!!!!!!

But...........Jeri's still the Man!

Have a nice day! Dan

6. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Jimmy took a Harlan Campbell Clinc that was held at the same club he broke the 200:)

FYI

38-01615

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

I had the pleasure of being squaded with Jim and Jeri at the VA State shoot and at the Southern Zone in Winchester I watched as he helped another shooter. Jim and Jeri are a class act all the way and I am glad that Jim broke the 200 in both singles and doubles. Good on you Jim.
    --- Chip King ---

8. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Nice accomplishment, Jimmy.

I did post on here last month that at our June registered shoot at Pocatello Mike Stears broke 200x200 in the doubles, 100x100 in the singles, and 100x100 from 27 yards on Saturday.

9. quattle

quattle Member

Way to go Jimmy, that is great shooting for sure.

pq

10. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

This famous picture was taken at the NC Homegrounds in Bostic.

It is of course the great Jim Wilson in all his glory during his days as the NCTA President.

The picture just isn't complete without an appropriate caption so please help me out!

Keep it clean and have fun!

38-01615

11. NC Jim

NC Jim TS Member

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

nomderf - Saturdays doubles felt really good. We had a really good squad, there's only one other person that I wish could have been there.

Pat - It can happen to you, if you'll stop thinking about all these odd ball rule situations. :)

Roland - Thanks, it felt really good.

Uncle Sam - Sorry, not allowed to do clinics, my wife says I'm her personal coach and don't have the time.

Dan - Evidentally I didn't learn very well, I only missed ONE FIRST TARGET, and that was in singles. If you wouldn't have run off scared to PA, you would have been here to lead. I am the MAN and always will be the MAN!

RC - If you show up anywhere with a pink shirt for me, make sure your life insurance is up to date.

Chip - It was our pleasure shooting with you and already have plans to attend next year's State Shoot.

Paul - Thanks, it was good seeing you again.

nomderf - Caption - "Fred's a dead man"

A great big thanks goes to Harlan, he put me on the right track. I guess I will have to give a little credit to "straightaway" for showing me what not to do.

Jim

12. straightaway

straightaway TS Member

LOL

Well James, you can CLAIM to be anything you desire, but, keep in mind, there are those of us who really do know better...........

I only moved so YOU could take a turn at state captain, no other reason at all

Sure, go ahead and give credit to that foreigner that doesn't have a neck, he didn't have to put up with you much more than a day or two

Richard,

I don't know if the world is ready for that much pink in one spot, but, what the hell, have at it.

Anyhow, fact of the matter is that is a tremendous accomplishment and i do wish I could have been there

Have great day! Dan

13. jmusic

jmusic TS Member

Congrats Big Jim, I am sure sorry your brother Richard wasn't there to tell you how to break that 200 straight in doubles. I did hear through the grape vine that you were wearing a pink thong when you broke them though??? Again congrats and maybe you will let some of us "pleabes" in on your shooting secrets someday.

Jeff H.

14. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

The caption should read:

"These cool new white tennies came with complete with attached shadow."

Harlan's a great coach.

Congratulations, Jim.

15. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Jmusic never seems to forget all of the gory details that relate to the picture above!!

38-01615

16. McDuff

McDuff TS Member

Nicely done Mr. Wilson!!!!

You are on Fuego this year, Getting beat by your wife for the 2006 NC Singles Champs must have really started you thinking..

Break more targets, and win more things, and get higher scores!!!

Good NC thinking. Of course it probably helps that no one on your squad had a cell phone ringing while you were shooting!!!

Congrats Jim.

Randy "Cell Phone"

17. NC Jim

NC Jim TS Member

straitaway - lol - let me take my turn or you knew what was going to happen? Hurry up and transfer back down here.

Jeff - Thanks - If what you say is true, then we are brothers also. He is your twin. I will never tell if they were pink or not.

recurvy - Thanks and yes Harlan is great.

Randy - Thanks - We did have alot of laughs shooting together. The next time you talk to Dan, ask him about this years state shoot.

Jim

18. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Not only do Jim and Jeri shoot well, they put on terrific events at the club in NC. I shot my second registered shoot ever there July 29, and everyone treated me like I was a long-lost friend. If you ever get a chance to shoot at Buckhorn, I highly recommmend going.

As for a caption to the first picture, maybe this would fit. My brother is a rather large man and got the following greeting from one of his smallest "friends":

"What're you up to? Sellin' shade?"

Danny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.