1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

200 Guns missing after tornado hits gun shop

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pyrdek, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

A tornado hit a gun shop and now 200 guns are missing. This storm hit back in April and as of July 5 the guns still have not been located. Requests to various state and federal authorities to help locate the guns have been refused. Get the full story. Click Here

2. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Never heard of the town/city of "Phil Campbell" what state is this in ???

Tom Strunk

3. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Alabama

4. DoubleAuto

And I live in a town called "Soddy Daisy" (Tennessee).

5. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Alabama

6. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

Soddy Daisy!!!

The Home of Jordan Leen!! Stud 157 pounder for Cornell U

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Hopefully the tornado made all the 4473 forms and the log book disappear too.

Oops, did I say that out loud?

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Wondered where that shotgun came from i found in my yard. I just thought God was happy with me.

9. twotimer

twotimer Member

Dblauto, I have friends that live in Soddy Daisy, you may know them. They own Humphreys' flowers. Mike

10. DoubleAuto

I don't know the owners but do know Humphrey's Flowers. I was born and raised in Nashville. When I first heard of Soddy Daisy I thought it was the funniest name for a town. Now I live on a mountain out back of "Soddy".

11. twotimer

twotimer Member

Dblauto, we have been up ther to visit them and it is pretty country. Hope all the tornadoes misse ya'll. Mike

12. DoubleAuto

A tornado went to the north east of us through Dunlap but most of the tornadoes were in east end of the county where 9 people were killed. Soddy Daisy is a nice place to live with a small town atmosphere near a city (Chattanooga).

13. twotimer

twotimer Member

Dblauto, we have been up ther to visit them and it is pretty country. Hope all the tornadoes misse ya'll. Mike

14. Danny Sirk

Danny Sirk TS Member

Double Auto

I also have friends that live in Soddy Daisy. Steve Holdefer lives on the lake and works for T.V.A. at the Watts Bar Damn. Beautiful country and great fishing! I'm in Virginia.
    Danny

15. DoubleAuto

I am a retired TVA employee myself. Last worked out of Chickamauga Dam in Coal Quality Lab. Also worked in fisheries and water quality. Live on a mountain bluff overlooking Soddy Lake and Chickamauga Reservoir. Don't know Mr. Holdefer. A bunch of TVA retirees and employees live in the Soddy Daisy area.

16. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Been to Soddy a couple of times. The inlaws live in Cleveland Tn.
    Nice little skeet & trap range there. New owners are from Michigan. I missed their sporting course. I heard they had to sell the traps because of the lawsuit trying to close the place.

17. DoubleAuto

The place you are talking about is Montlake Classic Clays. The lawsuit was brought by people who moved in near the range and hadn't lived there long. A local state senator and a state senator from West Tennessee (suprisingly both Democrats) passed a law to grandfather in any continuously operating range of 30 years or more and that covered MCC. However the compromise with the county commission put a severe restriction on the sporting clays course. I do know the trap and skeet ranges are still open but you hear very little about MCC.

18. TjayE

TjayE Member

9point3

Read your PM

19. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I went and helped with the cleanup a couple of days after it hit.. words and pictures cant describe what it looked like.. There was a refridgerated trailer there that they were putting body parts in until they could identify them and bury them.. you could tell where a house used to be by the driveway leading up to a concrete pad... and that was it.. nothing else left there.. I ran a chainsaw for 4 hours straight until dark came..one limb I cut was as big as my leg and had a tar shingle drove right into it.. I wish now I had kept it just to show people..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.