1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

20 guage hulls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by oldeyes, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldeyes

oldeyes TS Member

at the range where i shoot there are alot of cheep 20 guage hulls laying aruond is anybody out there reloading them and what kind of components or recipie are you using????

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Go to Hodgdon's website and look for the 20ga data that uses Universal Clays powder. Stay away from the cheapie Winchesters, I haven't found a good load for that hull (poor crimps).

The Remington RXP20's work the best for 7/8 oz loads. The Winchesters work well for 3/4 oz loads.

You may want to invest in a smooth starter crimp as you'll have both 6 and 8 point crimps.

ss

3. oldeyes

oldeyes TS Member

also i have alot of red dot i use for my 12 guage is there a recipie for that

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Nope! Quick burning 12ga powders, used in a 20 ga hull, is a good recipe for disaster. Just stick to the published data and you'll be just fine.

ss

5. oldeyes

oldeyes TS Member

thats good to know thanks

6. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

oldeyes

Alliant has quite a lot of 20 ga loading data on their site. http://www.alliantpowder.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.