1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

20 gauge xs skeet.....recoil

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin62, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

I just bought a 20 gauge xs skeet from a friend.....he said it would be the gun of all guns for me.

I was alittle hesitant because I shoot a 12 gauge with 7/8's...so how could the 20 gauge be any different. As a kid I had and still have A single shot 20 gauge and it kicks like a mule

The thing I could not believe is how little recoil the 20 gauge xs had. It was a real pleasure to shoot. I shot 5 rounds with out one bit of soreness.

I don't know if I will ever shoot skeet againe for a while with the 12. the 12 does offer a lot more shot and confidence building when your in a shooting slump. But the 20 seems the way to go.

now I have to buy a reloader for x-mas.

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

dolphin, You think thats great now, What until you discover the 28 ga. in skeet. If a better ga. has ever been made I still have not found it. I love the 28's. Breaks targets like a 12 ga. and kicks like a 410. Its the most effective shot pattern vs. recoil of any gun out there. Good Pattern w/ light recoil makes it easy to keep your head on the gun and break targets. 20's are nice too. Enjoy your new gun. Break-em all. Jeff

3. kolar12

kolar12 Member

I have a 20, two 28's and a .410 XS. I do not know why they discontinued this gun!!

4. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

Try some 3/4 ounce loads in that gun and it will feel like your shooting a 410. If you reload my favorite 3/4 oz load is 12.5 gr of green dot with an orange duster wad with a cheddite primer in a AA hull

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

What Winchesterm12 said. 3/4 oz in the 20 will out pattern the 28, and that will make you smile. The lack of recoil will also please you. This load will destroy a Skeet or other target.

6. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

oh I'm getting a 28...it's what I originally wanted...but the 20 was sucj a great deal.

as a matter of fact I have 2 flats and around 500 huls and a reloader for 28 all I need now is the gun.

next years prsent to my self.

I certainly won't be shell broke when I do.

thanks for writing back

7. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Shhoting Coach - "What Winchesterm12 said. 3/4 oz in the 20 will out pattern the 28."

How so?

8. The Stive

The Stive Member

I shoot a little Skeet and have a long way to go before I am any good at it.
    I really enjoy shooting 20 ga. at Skeet. I have tried 28 ga. and enjoy shooting that as well. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

coach check xs system linsetten 20