1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

20 GAUGE WINCHESTER HULLS INFO NEEDE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin62, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

I'M GOING TO BE RELOADING 20 GAUGE SOON. I HAVE REMINGTON GUN CLUB HULLS AND SOME WINCHESTER HULLS. I NEED TO BUY MORE SHELLS FOR THE HULLS, THE QUESTION IS.

SHOULD I BUY WINCHESTER OR THE REMINGTON HULLS. DO THE WINCHESTER HULLS LAST LONGER THAN THE REMINGTON?

THESE ARE THE ONLY 2 TYPES OF HULLS I PLAN ON RELOADING.

2. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

I would stick with Remington's. The best value is Gun Clubs. I prefer brass bases since my stash does not renew very often, so I just keep STS.

All of the new Winchesters are 2 piece hulls. Though there has not been any reports of problems with the base wad separating, I still prefer 1 piece hulls.

Jason

3. tj303

tj303 Member

the Remington STS 20ga. loads better and lasts longer than AA's

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The Winchester Universal hulls don't reload as nicely as they should. The crimps are the problem with these. I much prefer the cheapie Federal hulls to the Winchesters.

Just stay with the Remingtons. They aren't nearly as tempermental as the Winchesters and reload very nice. Use them and the rxp20 wad and everything is good.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.