1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

20 gauge wad question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tallpaul, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

An older gentleman at my club has 5 boxes of Remington 20 gauge wads, W29942 is the type. I am not familiar with these, as I'm assuming they're an older style. Does anyone have information about these wads, as far as what shells they will work in, and any recipes? Thanks.

2. ATT

ATT Member

Yes they are the older ones. They are the same as todays RXP 20. There are many good loads for them.

Allen

3. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

If they are too old , beware . Could be brittle and you may regret reloading them .

4. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Like Allen said, there are some slight dimensional differences, but they are, essentially, ballistically identical to an RxP20.

If they are still soft, you should have no issues.

goatskin_2009_2406.jpg

5. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

Thank all of you for your quick replies. Great graphic, too! I'll be sure to let him know and have him compare the flexibility of the older wads to some new ones. Worst case he can try loading a few and shoot them as the weather gets warmer. As long as they've not been kept in the sun or extreme temperatures, I'd think they'd be okay.

-Paul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.