1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

20 gauge barrels on a K80: anyone done it?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sernv99, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

oh, how I long for a dedicated 20 gauge gun like a K20.....but if I can't swing it due to the costs, I may look into buying a set of 20 gauge barrels, preferably used/in like new condition, and play with the 20 gauge that way...

anyone shot/shoots 20 gauge barrels fitted to a K80? What is/was your take on it?

2. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Allems only has 28" length in stock(based on his website). I would prefer 32"

3. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

they do make 30 now and then and even 32 but those were hurting the K20 sales

Everything hurts the K20 sales

so hard to come by

Gene

4. Jag one

Jag one Member

I have just what your looking for! 2500.00 shipped to lower 48. Factory steel chokes and 2 Titanium K skeets to boot. E mail me if interested. Bruce BTW 30"

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I made a set of short 20 guage tubes for my K-80 on my lathe. Used aluminum bar stock, total cost about two dollars. HMB

6. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I have a set I've used on a K-80 sporting gun. They are 30" and are like new. I have a set of Briley color coded (Spectrum) chokes and Briley speed wrench to go with them. I can't remember if I have five or six chokes and I can't remember the choke numbers but I can get them if you are interested. The chokes and choke wrench alone are worth well over $500 new. The barrels have seen less then 700 rounds and are in as new condition. I want $2,800 for the chokes and the barrel set.

I shot them for fun a few times and then I used them on blackbirds. Shot 500 shells in two evenings in South Dakota. Because of the beef of the K-80, there is almost no recoil. It's an absolute pleasure to shoot. I have not used them since I bought a K-20. I now own three K-20's and I doubt I'll ever need the K-80 20 Ga. barrels again. It was the fun I had shooting the 20 Ga. K-80 that made me spend the money for the K-20. I just didn't care to carry the heavier K-80 in the field.

If you want to buy the K-80 they are fitted to, it's for sale too. It has 30", 12 Ga. sporting barrels and the same Briley Spectrum chokes and wrench set.

Mark Zauhar

7. falklr

falklr TS Member

is the K-80 still for sale and if so how much? additionally, do you have any pics?

lee falk

8. kay80rt

kay80rt TS Member

I bought a set of 32", factory choke tube, 20 ga. bbls., to match my 32" 12 ga. bbls. from Kurt Grates for my K80. They are an absolute pleasure to shoot and break targets just as hard as 12 ga. but without the recoil. I highly recommend them if you can't buy the k20. -Mark

9. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I can't speak for a K-80.. but I've owned 2 K-32 4bbl. sets and found the sub-gauge barrels to be a hoot to shoot.. Very dynamic.. All took their toll on skeet targets except the 410... never could get beyond 98.. You'll enjoy the 20 gauge barrels.. They move well.. and will do almost anything a 12 gauge can do.. especially with a 3" chamber..

I do have a set of 20 gauge MX10 large frame barrels I shoot bunker with.. Gets the job done.. Lots of fun too..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.