1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

20 ga. SxS Help please!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Trappy12,

I did some trading on this site a little while back and ended up with a Ugartechea 20ga SXS. It has 28" barrels with fixed chokes. The right barrel is IC and the left Barrel is full. This is one sweet shooting SXS! I would highly recommend looking into one of these. They price all over the board so take your time.

ec90t

2. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

The Ugartechcea is better made than the Huglus or any Russian gun. A decent SXS for less than $500? Doubt it. Shop hard.

3. weagle

weagle Member

For $500 and under I'd go with an older Savage/stevens 311. There are also a ton of store brand models of that same gun. It will have hardwood stocks, 2 triggers and extractors. Nothing fancy but hell for stout and it will bust any target it's properly pointed at. An added bonus is those old american made doubles that used to be everywhere for a hndred bucks are actually increasing in value.

Good luck,
    Don

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

I have always thought that a FIELD SXS should have double triggers and extractors, fixed chokes, and be a 16 ga. A 20 ga would be much cheaper to shoot, with a monumental variety of bargain bullets. The 16 does not have that problem. LOL

5. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

a buddy of mine has a stoeger. was real cheap. shoots where you point it. Has
    a freezer full of pheasant.

6. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

Thought you left us crusty olde men!! A bunch of old double trigger SXS out there. Get a Savage as old means worn and breakable; a Savage could still get parts/service. Have fun with it. I love the 16`s too, but shells are not at Wally`s, still can get them with some effort. They don`t call them Sweet for nothin`.

7. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

I purchased a Stoeger Uplander Special .20 Ga. with a staight stock and double triggers for under $350 a couple years ago and love it! Great gun! Great price! Allot of people that shoot cowboy action use these these guns because they have a great reputation for reliability. Not bad workmanship either for a gun of this price point that's for sure! You can't go wrong!

8. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

I'm sorry Trappy I haven't been on the site since last week! The barrels are 26 inches. This was the only configuration I could get with the twin triggers and straight stock that I was looking for. The gun is balanced great! I could not ask for a better brush beater at that price!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sxs please

ugartechea 20ga 26 inch barrel

ugartechea sxs 20 ga for sale