1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

20 Ga. Hull Application

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Recoil Sissy, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Gentlemen:

I recently scrounged a small supply of Remington 20 gauge hulls marked "Sport Load". Assuming there is applicable published data, my intent is to stuff them with one ounce hunting loads.

These have a ribbed plastic tube, a tapered plastic base wad and a steel head. In short they appear to be a 20 gauge equivalent of Remington's 12 ga. Gun Clubs.

Here's the rub...

Hodgdon lists data for "RXP, Premiers, and STS" in 20 gauge Remington hulls. Indeed those hulls are listed as interchangeable for reloading purposes.

Does anyone know off the top of the head if 20 ga. Remington 'Sport Load' hulls are the same as an RXP??

sissy

PS: I know I can contact Hodgdon on Monday. I'm just looking for a quick answer this morning, if possible.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I put the same load in these as I do in the Gun Club, STS, Premier, and AA hulls. Some of them come with 6 point crimps. I found the plastic to give out after the 3rd firing.

Go for it.

HM

3. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Yup, same load data as STS and Gun Clubs.

4. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

halfmile:

Thanks for the input but let me gnaw on this bone another minute...

Remington makes a 12 gauge 'Sport Load' that's ballistically identical to regular Gun Clubs, STS, Nitros, and the old Premiers.

It reminds me of the so called Walmart Federals. Regardless of how they are labeled, Federal loads a gaggle of different target and field bullets using the same as Top Guns.

I suspect these 20 ga. Remington 'Sport Loads' are the same situation as Remington 12 ga. 'Sport Loads' and Wally world Feds, but I want to be sure. Do you know for sure??

sissy

PS: I also appreciate your comments on crimp life. I'll 'unload' them once at birds or bunnies and they'll be gone. However, others may load them for skeet or sporties and it's good info to share.

5. convoy99

convoy99 TS Member

Yes I have talked to remington on this exact issue. They told me to load them just like an STS hull.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

20 gauge rxp hull