1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

20 Ga Gun Club Hulls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Matt Stockwell, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Stockwell

Matt Stockwell Member

Can you reload the 20 ga Remington Gun Club hulls like an STS hull? I know that you can with 12 ga hulls, but not sure about 20's. The Hodgdon website lists STS/Nitro/Gun Club together for 12 ga recipes, but for 20 ga they list RXP/Premier/STS. Thought I may try loading a few if anyone knows the answer. I usually load only STS and Nitro hulls, but I know I can pick up a bunch of the Gun Club hulls at the range.

Thanks,
    Matt Stockwell

2. Mismost

Mismost TS Member

I get a about 3 reloads and then I guess the steel base gets stiff...then they will still reload and shoot just fine but hang up in my tube set. But they load up nice.

3. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Yes, the 20 ga Gun Club, as well as the Game and All Purpose hulls use the same 20 ga STS data. The only difficulty I've run into is seating the slightly oversized Nobel Sports primer in the steel head on the first reloading.

4. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Eject them on the ground....

5. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I reload them and like them. I have had great success with any Remington hull. I use the same recipes on all my Remington hulls. They produce a good looking reload and are very resilient hulls.

6. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I shot skeet yesterday with a gentleman who had a bunch of problems with Remington 20 ga. Gun Clubs...apparently he was not getting the steel heads re-sized properly. Not worth the frustration to me...stick with Remington Premier STS hulls with brass heads...especially if you are shooting an autoloader or pump. Best regards, Ed

7. Matt Stockwell

Matt Stockwell Member

Thanks for the input. It sounds like mixed reviews, mainly because of resizing. I wonder if it is less of an issue on some reloaders vs others. I'm loading on a pw800+. May give a few a try. Not worth the headache if it does not go well.

Thanks again,
    Matt

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The best kept secret in 20 gauge reloading. They produce a beautiful reload. The only issue is the steel base, and that issue is resolved by proper resizing and polishing the chamber of the gun, making sure there are no tool marks for the steel to bite in to. Steel doesn't shrink back after ignition like brass so your chamber mouth must be smooth. I've seen many 12 gauge guns with the same issue.

9. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I have a cheap Mec 600 jr. and a Remington 11-87. I haven't noticed any problem with resizing them. They produce beautiful 6 point crimps and are a strong hull and will not ever smash like a AA hull will if everything isn't adjusted right. The crimp rarely needs any adjustment for swirls or holes but is almost always perfect. Easy to get a good deep factory looking crimp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

20 ga remington sts hulls vs gun club

20 guage sts hulls vs gun club

20ga remington gun club empty hulls

can you reload gun club hulls

gun club 20 ga hulls

mixed gun hauls cheap in winder ga

reload gun club 20ga hulls

steel hull jamming in 20 gauge shot gun