1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

20/20

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chopperman, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chopperman

chopperman Member

Just watched 20/20.Icould not believe I would ever hear and see a positive message favoring gun ownership on network TV.Anyone else have comments?

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

did not see it...because as you said...that it would be the last place I would ever hear it from...can you give a brief overview??

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

It was about the myth of gun control laws working.

They actually said what I have been espousing for years. Criminals do not obey laws, so laws don't really help control criminals.

They also pointed out that where there were restrictive gun control laws, like in Washington D.C., that the crime rate went up after those laws were enacted. But, the crime rate went down in states where you could legally carry a gun.

In other words, the politicians had to have hated last night's show.

My hat is off to John Stossel for airing last night's program.

Hauxfan!

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I didn't even know the 20/20 show was even still on TV.

I give 2 thumbs up for the show last night then even though I misswed it.

Fog

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Jon Stossel has taken this position a number of times but not in depth like a whole show. One time he listed "The Ten Most Silly Myths" or similar and gun control was right up there with the rest. I missed it too so can only assume he spent an hour doing what he has in short segments before....Bob Dodd

6. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

Watched 20/20 last night and was really pleased that John Stossel did that segment. Wish he would do an entire show on Gun Control Mythes but I bet ABC wouldn't dare do that since they are so anti-gun like all the other networks.
    Tried to send John a message but to muc h"red tape" to go through.
    Thanks for making a thread on the subject Chopperman.
    Ellen

7. oz

oz Active Member

I saw it and it was suprising and good. oz

8. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

How long before John Stossel is looking for a job because he didn't spew the party drivel?

9. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Great show. Told my wife, "here we go again'. Man, was I surprised. I think the gentleman that brought the lawsuit against DC said it best.

"I would rather have a gun in my home than a phone. You can use the phone to call the police, and they WILL show up. When they do, they will take a picture of your dead body." Kinda cuts thru all the crap doesn't it?

I tried to let people know about it last night around 11:00. I got everything typed in and the TS server wouldn't respond. Not the first time.

BTW, what in the hell was the make and model of that piece the little old lady was carrying around?

Ellen, I tried to find the story on the ABC web site. All the other stories John talked about were listed but NOT our gun story. Kinda strange I thought. You can click on the 20/20 link and get his E-mail address. You had a good idea, think I'll send him a thank you.

AJ100

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.