1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

20/20 Friday Evening - Gun Control

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jimbotrap, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Did anyone see 20/20 last evening. They had the first pro gun airing I have seen. The conclusions is that gun control does not deter crime, but instead ads to the criminal element. The program also concluded that right to carry laws have a very positive impact on crime prevention. Great program. A few more like it would be of great assistance to us. - Jim

2. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

I wish I had seen it Jim, but I stopped watching the networks a long time ago due to their attempts to reprogram and brainwash me into becoming a useless, boat anchor of a pacifist. It's nice to see they throw us pro-gunners a bone once in a while - occasionally common sense wins the day!

Jennifer in Idaho

3. Elizabeth Christensen

Elizabeth Christensen Member

Hi Jim:

Saw it and it was great!! A very big daaaaahhhhhhh! finally.

Liz

4. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Was this the show where John Stossel went to prison and asked the inmates what they were scared of? I was at the state shoot so didn't get to see this show. The show I watched, I found refreshingly honest for a change. When Stossel interviewed inmates in various prisons, they liked gun control states, weren't scared of your dog, the judicial system, the police (they can't do anything), your burglar alarm, and the list went on and on. The one thing they were consistently scared of was a crazy homeowner who was armed. Didn't care what kind of gun they had, they knew the homeowner didn't have to follow the same rules as the police and their chances were high that they WOULD be shot. One even stated the he thought homeowners liked to shoot criminals as a badge of honor! How do we sign up for a badge?

What really shocked me is that Stossel went on to show the statistics didn't show a reduction in crime with more gun control laws. It went UP. When inmates were asked if gun control laws would prevent them from getting a gun, almost all said NO! In states where they defeated stronger gun control laws, legal gun sales were up, but crime was way DOWN. GO figure.