1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$20.00 Killer at Bullitt Co. Rod and Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I remember shooting Killers in Indiana but out here in the west it is called a Custer or Annie

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Lou. I never heard of a "killer" Be interesting fo rthe Bullitt guy to come back and tell us the rules.

3. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

killer---when they take a person out of the state or federal prison, that has been on death row. Put them in oneof those orange jump suits and throw him up inthe air. Every one has a chance at them and it saves the state or federal a bunch of money on appeals.--only kidding motordoc

4. jhoward

jhoward Member

I've heard them called Annie's in many places. The rules are fairly simple...

All of the shooters line up at the starting distance, usually a few feet apart. The first shooter calls for a target and shoots as usual. If he breaks the target, it passes to the second shooter to call a target. However, if he misses his target, the second shooter gets to shoot at it. If the second shooter breaks the target it is a miss on the first shooter, if he also misses, then the third shooter gets to shoot at it. If he breaks the target it is a miss on both of the first two shooters. This continues until the target hits the ground. If no one breaks the target no misses are scored and the second shooter then calls his target. If the target is broken, all those who shot and missed are scored a miss and the next target is called by the shooter to the right of the shooter who broke the target. Usually the matches are 2 misses and out, though for a $20 entry I'd expect probably 4-5 misses before being out.

There are other options as well, I've seen it limited to 3 or 4 shots, sometimes if there is no limit as many as 5 or 6 shots can be made at the same target depending on how fast the shooters are and the landscape. Shooting out over a hillside can allow even more shooters to get a shot off.

You can "pass the buck" where everyone who is scored a miss on a given target passes a dollar to the shooter who broke the target.

There are also "box killers" where everyone who shoots at a target and misses puts a dollar in the box and whoever wins the match gets the contents of the box. This can run into quite a bit of money, especially from longer yardages.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Back in Indiana a killer was where a lot of shooters lined up and the first guy shoots, if he misses, the next can try to knock him out and as many shooters can shoot as possible until it hits the ground. You get one buy back or pass. In other words if you miss and somebody hits it you go to the end of the line one time, next time you are out of the game. If 3 guys miss and fourth hits it, all three go to the end. You pay 1 per five shooters so if you have 15 shooters there will be three winners, and can be paid in $$$ or meat. You shoot as big a shell as you can stand and usually they move back ending up way back 5 - 15 yds past the 27. Most all shoot offs are done from way back. Moving back is usually the first shooters call and he or she could actually start the game from way back, they drop like fly's from 35 yds. It is big fun. The big boys shoot 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 #4' 5's. I still occasionally slip up and call a Custer a killer and they all look at me like ????

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

bobby3200,

1 1/4 oz's of 4's and 5's for back-ups? That's the preferred shell for a 20 yrd handicap shooter up there. I've always heard them referred to as "Kentucky 9's".

Go to the Kentucky state shoot during the handicap events and you'll see more red wads covering the ground than any other. Trust me, they aren't versalite's either.

ss

7. vegas blaster

vegas blaster TS Member

8 outs really??? how many boxes of shells does that take and do you get done before midnight? jeff k.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.