1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

20.00 a bag

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tekyn gold, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tekyn gold

Tekyn gold TS Member

Does anyone think it will happen

2. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

If it does I would bet it will be awhile. Shot is $27.50 here, tax included.
    Gas is dropping per barrel on crude, yet our pump price just jumped 11 cents a gallon. Shot may be slow on the dropping thing like gas--who knows. If it does hit $20.00 I bet a bunch of us stockup. Colonel

3. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

In the late 70's shot was going for about $10.00 per bag. For what ever reason it shot up to over $20.00 per bag. Back then that was high as hell. In time it dropped back down to $11.00 per bag. I just hope it does the samething this time.

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

It will.....things in general are not getting any better. It'll take awhile but it's worth the wait.

Curt

5. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

I VERY good source told me as soon as current inventory is gone, it will be $20 a bag.........

GS

6. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Wait for the new administration to stick its new fuel taxes on our fuel. Its "green agenda" will be applied to all, so called, pollutants. Lead???? Califorina's Henry Waxman will be the driving force on green issues.
    Jimmy Borum

7. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

A fellow shooter in Louisiana offered Star brand shot to me for $20.25 per bag FOB Houston. If they can make it in Peru and ship it for less than $20.00 I will bet Mayco Industries (they own Lawrence Brand and West Coast) is selling it to the wholesalers for considerably under $20.00 per bag.

Keep im mind that the automotive industry takes 85% of the lead production and auto sales have fallen off of a clif! If you believe in supply and demand the price of shot should continue down through all of 2009. Production cost right now is about $13.00 per bag.

Jim Skeel

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

3 or 4 months ago we never thought we would see oil below $75 a barrel. Now what is it? Under $35

9. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Shyda’s in Lebanon, PA is now selling shot by the ton for 23.99 a bag. Single bags are 25.99. I strongly advise you all wait on making any large purchases of shot. It will get down in the teens.

Dale
    [​IMG]

10. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Jim,

I remember using Star Shot Brand Shot back in mid 80’s. It was my first experience with Peru made shot. Chilled was $7.00 and magnum was $8.00. Cheap stuff but it worked great.

Dale

[​IMG]

11. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Patience is a VIRTUE.......but my HABIT can't WAIT !

12. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Drop you like a bad habit.

[​IMG]

Tom(AJ100)

[​IMG]

13. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Our CAC delivery on 15 Jan was at $23.10. I think it will go lower...

14. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

22.50 from Gamaliel's

15. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I'll buy again at less than $17.50; got enough to wait it out. Hopefully, I'll be able to buy it before these anti-gunners attempt to screw us. Maybe if we lucky, every pellet won't have to be inscribed. Darrell

16. sixten38

sixten38 Member

Shooting Jack Gamaliel web sight shows $25 for magnum and $24.50 for chilled where did you get the $22.50 price? Is that by the ton?

17. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

That was delivered to our club. I don't know exactly what kind of discount we get or even if we do but we got in an order last Thursday of powder, wads, primers, shot and clay birds and that was the price of the shot. Jackie B.

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Demand for lead world wide is down due to economic crises. As thing worsen it will drop lower.

So this senerio is a catch 22, shot will become cheaper but will your job or fixed income survive?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.