Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Yard Reduction ?

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Paul in Mn 
#1 ·
I received my 2 yard reduction card in the mail. The enclosed info said it wasn't allowed if I had received a punch in the last 1000 targets. I shot a 96 during the last shoot of my season. So I don't get the reduction?

#4 ·
It is of the Last 1000 handicap targets shot , not of the year, I called ATA this week and was told that is how it is. For instance the last 1000 targets I shot my average was 91.4, my 2011 average was 89. have not shot any in the 2012 year. They said I will NOT get the reduction. I am SOO sad.

Trap-4

#5 ·
Ron, he earned 1/2 yard last year, his 1000 target review couldn't begin till he shoots targets during the new target year? I can't see that as having anything to do with his yearly average for the 2 free yards this year? Oh well, they will figure it out. The rule says if enough targets are shot below the break point, 3 yards per year is the max allowed? Some people don't shoot targets after the Grand in August till spring.

Hap

#7 ·
I received my notice in the mail. It states in bold and is underlined.

"If you earned yardage within your last 1000 handicap targets this reduction is void"

It makes no mention of year etc. Paul it sure looks like you don't get any reduction.

Hopefully V10 will weigh in on this he typically has good information.

Shawn

#9 ·
Shawn,

I haven't seen the letter, but I'm going to guess that it is the standard letter/form that would be sent out for any reduction. In other words, I'd be a little surprised if it was written specifically for this 2-yard offer.

People need to keep in mind that the only two criteria that determined whether someone was offered the 2-yd reduction were: 1) Paid member, 2) Handicap average below their Zone break point.

So, even if someone had earned yardage in late December, if their handicap average was below the break point, they would have been offered the 2-yd reduction.

It doesn't make any sense to offer that person the 2-yd reduction and then say they aren't qualified to take it because of the earned yardage in December.

Basically, I'd say that if someone hasn't shot any registered targets in January, and they receive the 2-yd reduction notice, they can take it without regard to whatever may have happened in the preceding months.

If someone has any doubts, though, they should contact their Delegate.

Scott Hoover

ATA Delegate, Utah

#11 ·
This is what it says on the ATA website.

Two yard reduction details and information

A special, one time, two yardage reduction is being offered by the Executive

Committee to any paid member whose handicap average is under the break point of

their zone.

Your next review will be processed as normal, after another 1,000 handicap

targets.

To refuse this reduction please visit the Online Yardage Refusal Form.

For further information or help please contact:

Kathy Key

937 / 898-4638 ext. 516

kkey@shootata.com

sooo, my take is, if you got punches before the date on your card, but, your

average is below the breakpoint, your home free.

a 'get out of jail free card' type deal.

that being said, if you punched to 27 from the 25 before you got the card, I'd imagine you'd go back to the 25 and not to the 23....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.