1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2 Yard Reduction ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Paul in Mn, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul in Mn

Paul in Mn Member

I received my 2 yard reduction card in the mail. The enclosed info said it wasn't allowed if I had received a punch in the last 1000 targets. I shot a 96 during the last shoot of my season. So I don't get the reduction?

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Paul, if your last shoot was during the last target year, I'd think you'd be eligible this target year? I read that as 1000 targets shot in the current year?

Hap

3. Texas Trap Shooter

Texas Trap Shooter Member

I read the documents to be the last 1000 targets starting with this year (before 1/06/12)and working backwards until you have a 1000 target shot at average. In my case I had 800 this year and the last 200 from last year at the Grand.

Ron

4. Trap4

Trap4 Member

It is of the Last 1000 handicap targets shot , not of the year, I called ATA this week and was told that is how it is. For instance the last 1000 targets I shot my average was 91.4, my 2011 average was 89. have not shot any in the 2012 year. They said I will NOT get the reduction. I am SOO sad.

Trap-4

5. Hap MecTweaks

Ron, he earned 1/2 yard last year, his 1000 target review couldn't begin till he shoots targets during the new target year? I can't see that as having anything to do with his yearly average for the 2 free yards this year? Oh well, they will figure it out. The rule says if enough targets are shot below the break point, 3 yards per year is the max allowed? Some people don't shoot targets after the Grand in August till spring.

Hap

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

there's a review date on your card. look on shootata.com for your scores.

if non of your scores that are NOT listed are NOT punches, you can keep the reduction.

7. Shawn

Shawn Member

I received my notice in the mail. It states in bold and is underlined.

"If you earned yardage within your last 1000 handicap targets this reduction is void"

It makes no mention of year etc. Paul it sure looks like you don't get any reduction.

Hopefully V10 will weigh in on this he typically has good information.

Shawn

8. Hap MecTweaks

When I first saw the 2 freebies, it said "in the current target year"? That may have changed? That and that 96 may have cost him 3 yards also?

Hap

9. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Shawn,

I haven't seen the letter, but I'm going to guess that it is the standard letter/form that would be sent out for any reduction. In other words, I'd be a little surprised if it was written specifically for this 2-yard offer.

People need to keep in mind that the only two criteria that determined whether someone was offered the 2-yd reduction were: 1) Paid member, 2) Handicap average below their Zone break point.

So, even if someone had earned yardage in late December, if their handicap average was below the break point, they would have been offered the 2-yd reduction.

It doesn't make any sense to offer that person the 2-yd reduction and then say they aren't qualified to take it because of the earned yardage in December.

Basically, I'd say that if someone hasn't shot any registered targets in January, and they receive the 2-yd reduction notice, they can take it without regard to whatever may have happened in the preceding months.

If someone has any doubts, though, they should contact their Delegate.

Scott Hoover

ATA Delegate, Utah

10. Too Bad

Too Bad TS Member

Paul in Mn ask your delegate to sort out your question, don't use this blog and be assured the answers are correct in your situation.

Richard Luckett

Arizona ATA Delegate.

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

This is what it says on the ATA website.

Two yard reduction details and information

A special, one time, two yardage reduction is being offered by the Executive

Committee to any paid member whose handicap average is under the break point of

their zone.

Your next review will be processed as normal, after another 1,000 handicap

targets.

To refuse this reduction please visit the Online Yardage Refusal Form.

For further information or help please contact:

Kathy Key

937 / 898-4638 ext. 516

kkey@shootata.com

sooo, my take is, if you got punches before the date on your card, but, your

average is below the breakpoint, your home free.

a 'get out of jail free card' type deal.

that being said, if you punched to 27 from the 25 before you got the card, I'd imagine you'd go back to the 25 and not to the 23....

12. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

While I agree confirming with your delegate being a good idea, I'm going with V10 on this one. Paul, notice on the "letter" you got, it is listed as ATA Form #420 REV. 7/10. It is a form reduction notice written then and not specific to the "one time 2 yard reduction".

13. Paul in Mn

Paul in Mn Member

Thanks for the replies. I think I still get the reduction, but I'll check with Ron, my delegate, for a final decision.

14. Paul in Mn

Paul in Mn Member

Ron was quick to reply but I was out of town today. He said the 1000 target review card should not have been sent with the reduction. I do receive the 2 yard reduction. I'm gonna take it.

Thanks to all who replied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.