Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Yard Reduction

9K views 55 replies 35 participants last post by  dickgtax 
#1 ·
Got my paper card from the ATA today. Now I have to decide if I should take it. Decisions Decisions.

#11 ·
OK I have been hearing of and reading about this 2 yard reduction thing and gave it some serious thought over the past few days.The concensous by most is they dont believe the EC has thought this through and that it will make a mess of things. BUT most shooters will take the reduction because it's there and if they dont they will be shooting next to someone who has taken it. That's all well and good BUT here is the $100,000.00 question, How satisfied, or dis-satisfied will shooters be when an 18 yard shooter wins $10,000.00 at a State shoot or the top prizes at a Sattelite Grand OR the $100,000.00 (thank you Bill & Leann Martin) at The Grand American? After hearing the opinions on the reductions from many shooters here and abroad. The crying and belly aching will be heard around the world !!!

Just my observation on the subject

Mark

#13 ·
Take your 2 or 3 yard reduction and be happy. Shoot a lot of Big 50s and you might be able to get another yard off by the time the Grand rolls around. Just think, shooting from the 19 yard line for the big money, it doesn't get any better than that. Thank you ATA. HMB

#15 ·
Everybody's situation is different... I use registered targets as a training aid to gauge the progress of my practice... and I don't play options when I register, so why would I want a couple yard reduction from 21 -> 19, while I am still improving my average at 21... I refused the reduction...

JMO...

Jay

#25 ·
I figured if the ATA really wants me to shoot from that yardage even though I had a 90% average where I was at, then that's where I will be shooting. How will they know how their little experiment works if everyone refuses? Honestly I don't see how it can really fix anything but what do I know. I'm a newbie.

...................................................................................................

320090T,

To answer your question, YEP!!!

#26 ·
Mr. Dean, Central Handicap Committee member, is helping with classification at the Dixie Grand right now and he mentioned that those being offered the reduction are nearly all taking it. And...that some have even won some of that yardage back!I think that in general people are pleased as it gives them renewed hope during handicap events. I am hoping the same!!!........Uncle Sam, Pa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.