1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2 Yard Reduction will this stop Sandbagging

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bluedotman, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Will the 2Yard reduction help with sandbagging? i hope so if it don't some clubs will have to pour more concrete for the 14yard 12yard 10yard line Shooters.

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Sandbagging is the lifeblood of most small ATA affiliated clubs. The ATA just handed the 'baggers a two yd. free ride for staying home this winter and saving those free yds. for the major shoots!!

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

It will become an honorable profession now...

4. open choke

open choke TS Member

Read this thread from yesterday. I was argued with that the reduction has nothing to do with sandbagging. I feel it will make it worse.

Let me know what you think

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=276960&Messages=17#1152504

5. open choke

open choke TS Member

LOL

I thought you were serious up until you said the 19 yard line

You will prolly like this
    [​IMG]

6. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I can't wait to see all the shootoffs this coming season.

Going to be a whole lot of good scores.

7. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Jeeze, Rick!!!

We had a clubhouse deal!! Is nothing sacred? I worked my butt off to get to the 18.5 and you were gonna keep your book a secret & we're gonna split the profits. But, Nooooo!!
    Probably, all for the better anyway. My understanding is that you have to hit targets to win anything. Or so I've been told.

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Sandbaggers are not happy about these easy to get reductions. They worked hard to get where they are. HMB

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Sandbagging is part of the game. Just as reading a trap use to be. Sandbagging just go a little easer, for a while.

10. BigM-Perazzi

Hmb, you are soooo right!!!

Now the wrath of the EC will fall upon them and verily they shall quake in fear before the multitudes...

11. chastaj

chastaj Member

Have they ever looked into some way to use singles averages to earn yardage for handicap? When you have an 89% max for "d" class for example and most big shoot winners shoot a 99 in that cleas they are morenthan capablentonshootnfrom farthernbacknthan 20-23. Should be an instant earned yardage of 2 yrds if you shoot 5% over the class trigger point

12. BigM-Perazzi

They use it to limit reductions ...

13. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Of course it is easier to shoot from the 27, your pattern is much bigger. HMB

14. stilltrying

stilltrying Member

In August I contacted ATA and told them "never reduce yardage" . I was told a flag was put in the computer to cancel future reductions. Yesterday I got a two yard deduction. I went on the ATA site and put yes after "never reduce yardage" again. I like to shot handicap when it is warm not freezing. As a result I never have enough targets and get a two yard penalty. Our big shoots start in May just as the weather is getting warm enough to shoot. Oh.... I should have taken the two yard reduction that way in May I could go to the big shoots shoot "Penalty" and end up on my yardage. Maybe I could even win a gun!

15. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The beauty part of shooting from the 18, is you can practice by shooting registered singles & wait for the big $$$ @ a major shoot--if you can regularly shoot 98's from the 16-you should be able to shoot 98 from the 18. Also, 1 oz of 81/2 @ 1185 with a LM a killer from the 18---100K -payday here I come.

This should make some tidal waves on this form---stirring the pot--its raining today.

Phil Berkowitz

16. BigM-Perazzi

I just wish I was in Florida so I could collect my $$$$$ sooner.

But wait! By May, they should all have their yardage back!!!

Life is good!

17. releasebob

releasebob Member

I'm in the same position as Rick,took a yard reduction last year plus got the 2yds leaves me at 22 1/2 yd line last time I was there jfk was president,shot 3 rds from there on Wed night 24,25,25 I feel a big payday coming ;o)BOB

18. BigM-Perazzi

I don't think you can under other rules.

The ones who did were. Mistakes and rescinded

19. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The guys doing the classifying at major shoots (CHC,EC etc.)and your delegate can apply the known ability clause in all shooting. The ATA giveth and the known ability clause taketh away, sometimes? Certainly going to be an interesting year for handicap shooting for sure!

Hap

20. perga1

perga1 Active Member

In fact it should be a lot harder for the true sandbaggers for a while. There are many shooters who were just overhandicapped who will now be more competitive and take the sandbasggers money. BTW, from the handicap scores at the Dixie today I would say it didn't make that much difference. It would be interesting to see the difference in handicap scores at this years Dixie compared to last. JRM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.