1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2 questions this time you get to rank them--CLOSED

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Phil Kiner, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

If you answered the first you can still answer this one

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I did not answer the poll, because you left off a very important question;

"People who whine and complain about imaginary problems with the ATA."

Also, the way the second question ranks all other subjects, after someone chooses the the first, gives a false credence to questions some people do not believe to be a problem.

Add the whinners answer and allow poeple to rank the answers, or not rank them at all.

3. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Mr. Kiner

I answered both, with my answer to q-2 on the first being "other"

By other, I did not see "ATA Management" as an option, so other was my response.

Now, I don't think everyone within the management team of the ATA is incompetent, but I do believe more thought of the members wishes would be a big improvement.

Danny

4. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

3 hole targets, mandatory reductions & two dollar gasoline...........that aught'a fix it?

5. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Phil I applaud your efforts and it will be interesting the results.I am not sure a survey with just the users of this site will be a true indicator .It would need to be mailed to all members.

Again ,I applaud your efforts,
    Terry

6. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Phil, much better this time. Keep at it and thanks!!

8. Garry

Garry Active Member

Add to survey:

- Ineffective ATA management
    - Ineffective Marketing
    - Lack of accountability; who is going to do what by when to achieve the goal of increasing membership and targets thrown by X percent
    - It takes too many hours to shoot the daily program
    - To many classifications
    - The current handicap system does not provide a contestant to equalize chances of winning

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

How about adding a section for the 90% Non-competitive trapshooters (people with little or no talent) that thinks they should be able to win as much money and prizes as the 10% Competitive shooters (people who actually have talent)....

Gotta be a way to make these pilgrims and bunny busters feel good about themselves (besides spending time in Walmart)...

Curt

10. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Question 2 is flawed. I am forced to rank "problems" which I don't perceive as problems at all. The results will not be valid.

11. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Phil- Thanks for your effort. I am not a AA-27-AA shooter, so maybe my comments don't mean much to alot of people. I enjoy trap shooting for myself as a sport and hobby. I have not shot alot in the past 3 years, because I haven't had the disposable income to do so, along with some other matters that nobody could care less for. I'm a life member of the ATA, coached SCTP, been to the Grand (Vandalia), and I don't usually comment on the politics of it all. I have been on the board at Amarillo Gun Club for a long time and am aware of the costs of putting on shoots, targets, trap help and so forth. But for me, the targets sre fine. The wind here is our main problem to set decent targets. But until the economy, fuel prices and so forth get better, my shooting and traveling to shoots, will be curtailed. Thanks for what you do for our sport. Charlie Henderson, Amarillo, Texas

12. Garry

Garry Active Member

13. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

I took the survey but agree there may be more to it than what is in the survey. I think the "average" shooter knows they can't compete with the pros so why give them our money. Also even if you are a "pro" there is very little money being played which results in less and less money available.

Also if it were not for the 90% want to be shooters, the 10% would have nothing to compete for. So it is by far to their advantage to keep from running off shooters.

Also look at who shoots. The kids (10 to 20) years old, the older folks mostly retired (55 to 80), and the pros that mostly fall somewhere in 40 to 60 range. The younger shooters really can afford to shoot unless they somehow have a lot of money.

14. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

I took the survey but agree there may be more to it than what is in the survey. I think the "average" shooter knows they can't compete with the pros so why give them our money. Also even if you are a "pro" there is very little money being played which results in less and less money available.

Also if it were not for the 90% want to be shooters, the 10% would have nothing to compete for. So it is by far to their advantage to keep from running off shooters.

Also look at who shoots. The kids (10 to 20) years old, the older folks mostly retired (55 to 80), and the pros that mostly fall somewhere in 40 to 60 range. The younger shooters really can afford to shoot unless they somehow have a lot of money.

Of course there are always the anti ATA folks that make everyone think OHIO is our saviour.

15. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Much better this time. Thanks Phil
    Clyde

16. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

17. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

ATA needs to clean up their act. Get the books solid and in the black. Support and help build the smaller clubs. Just my 2-cents.

Matt Nicol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.