1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2 Peas in a Pod--puppies

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by mette56, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Meet Buster and Bonnie. Buster is the darker one. Early the morning of July 4th, I peered out of my deck window to see a truck parked in the street
    with the passenger door opened. A young boy, maybe 5 years old was out in the street with these two stomping his feet to get them away from his dad's truck. Actually dumping them. So out I went after watching them for awhile and realizing the owners were not coming back for them. They both needed extensive vet work which we have had done, and both are well on their way to a happy, healthy life. What is so cute about them is that they never leave each others side. They sleep literally on top of each other and if you put two chew bones down, they will both chew on the same bone. One won't eat or drink without the other and that must be out of the same bowl.

Considering we have 18 rescued animals in our home now...what's two more going to harm...right? (I'm looking for some support here). We no longer take our animals to the vet...he makes house calls and loves being in our home with all the friendly pets.

I asked the wife if she thought they might point or retrieve game birds...she said no.

milt (accepting donations, good luck wishes and prayer)

mette56_2008_0807125.jpg

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I think I would have been tempted to shoot the tires out on the truck that dumped em. That sure teaches the little kid right from wrong.

GneJ

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

You and your wife are caring and loving people. What great looking friends you just adopted. As for the $h1thead that dumped them may God have mercy on their souls.

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

As a dog rescuer myself I hear you. I'm clear down to 4 right now LOL.

Imagine teaching a 5 year old to handle a problem that way. The new America.

They are cuties.

5. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Funny how animals seem to find there way to caring people.

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Good for you Milt. Good luck and a prayer is easy and well deserved for you and your bride. Dog food needs an address;) As to the fellow that dropped them off, not anything good to be said, too bad.

7. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

If I didn't already have a house full I would offer to take those two off your hands, I have 4 Shelter dogs already and not enough time for more. Bless you for helping those little guys.
    May God find the jack a$$ that dumped them and do the same to him in the heat and no one to stop and give him a ride.

8. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Just kidding about donations, but good wishes and prayer are always appreciated. Thanks Bob!

milt

mette56_2008_0807127.jpg

9. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

mette556,,,,,thank you for doing what you do. If you have not read Mark Levin's "Rescuing Sprite", I would HIGHLY recommend it. Took me several readings to get through it. Still have no idea why people dump animals to starve or be eaten by coyotes.

I also had a couple brothers, English Pointers. They were the ones that I kept out of the litter. After their evening romp, I tried to put them into their own run and they just sulked. I finally took out the panel between and they were like little kids. Separate food pans; they eat of one then they both go to the other. It was amazing to me that 2 males could do this. You will have fun with those 2.

10. jake boy

jake boy Member

You and your wife have good hearts!

God Bless
    Robert Barschow

11. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Milt you folks are good people

We have a$$holes that dump dogs out here all the time, once we woke up to find a litter of puppies under our 5th wheel, the owners should be shot

We already have two Great Dane brothers that are like the two pups you saved, they are always up each others butt, but they eat so much they are about all we can handle, also due to the fact that we feed the catfish in our pond dog food, it's cheaper than catfish food, and has the same nutritional value

They sure are a couple cute little fellas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.