1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2 NIB model 12 traps for sale

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by slugbug1, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Not mine--------- just thought someone into model 12's might be interested. Gary L.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

They are over priced thats why no bids ... Y models might be worth $2,000 for the pair or $1,000 a piece, but I wouldn't even give that ... They are nothing special but for the serial numbers are consecutive and who cares about that ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Model 12's may have declined in demand but not in price. It's been really hard to find a nice Y-Model for under $1,000!!

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Price is fair at $2500. In the coming years they will increase in value IMHO. Jeff

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The last 3 or 4 Model 12-Y models that (Cross Roads Gun show and a few pawn shops, that are loaded with shotguns) I have looked at were in the $750 range and were nice looking guns ... I have a bunch of pre 64 Model 12's and the only thing I like about the Y models is they have nicer looking wood on them but it appears to be lighter weight than the older guns ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

they will sell

7. Whiz Bang

Whiz Bang TS Member

WPT collectors care about consecutive serial numbers and will pay more. The problem I see with those guns is they have been put together thats a no no especially in regards to a model 12 thats unfired in the box. But are Y models really collectible ?

8. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Put together ? They were put togethet at the factory and the mating surfaces polished. Thats the simple way to tell a refinish.So what is there to hurt? Any quality gun new in the box that has survived 20 years and is discontinued, I believe to be collectable. Jeff

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

whiz bang,

I had at one time 2 set of pistols that were consecutive numbered guns, when it came time to sell them I thought they might be worth a little more because of that fact ... Not only did I not sell them to the same person but 2 different people bought one of each one of them and broke up both sets that I had some much pride in for so many years ... Goes to show you, I guess ... Now, if they both had the same number being as the stocks are different, I'd say you might have something there ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. Whiz Bang

Whiz Bang TS Member

bigbore613 if you go back and look at the last couple of pictures with the guns in the boxes you will notice that the barrel assembly and the receiver are separate. All to often when these guns are put together they get pumped which puts slide marks on the magazine tube. But much worse the blueing were the barrel and receiver come together can be scratched aka the model 12 kiss. I am sure if anyone buys these guns they would be put away for investment. Unassembled guns are more desirable.

I collect Winchester model 61 22 rifles. I have several unfired in the box. The more mint the gun the more value. Winchester collectors are very fussy when there paying the big bucks. They like guns never assembled.

WPT I understand your point but when it comes to Winchesters believe me it makes a difference. May not make that big of difference in post 64 guns I don't know but in pre 64 guns yes.

11. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

When I said they would sell the price was $2500. And regarding the guns being assembled ,if you know what you're doing you wont be able to tell just like the factory did to test them. If you screw it up the least bit yes the value goes down. Jeff

12. ol 12 shooter

ol 12 shooter TS Member

Those guns are all assembled in the factory and all the working functions are checked and double checked... never assembled.. get serious.

13. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

bt18, please send photos to richal@charter.net. Thanks. Rich

14. Whiz Bang

Whiz Bang TS Member

01 12shooter I realize those guns are assembled and tested at the factory. In the collecting community collectible take down guns that have been assembled by the owner and then maybe they have been scratched or show mag tube slide marks lose some value. That may not make a difference to a trap shooter. But it does to a collector. Sorry for the confusion.

15. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

current bid is 2,750.00

16. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

the owner emailed me. $3500 is bottom dollar for the pair. i don,t know if i would pay that for them. i would go $3,000 for the pair. i have several pre 64 trap guns model 12,s & several pre ww2 model 12 trap guns. the pre ww2 guns marked trap or standard trap or model 12 trap are my personal favorites. i doubt you will find 2 many sequintceially numbered Y series trap guns in the box.i think that is probably a rare find. whoever buys them will have something very unique. dwain

17. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

dwain just what can anyone do with two unfired guns but just look at them . Most of us are to old to see any rise in value and if it can,t be shot it has no value to me .

KEYBEAR

18. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

If both guns are free of assembly goofs, storage wear or rust, dings, major tube wear from pumping, and are truly unfired I came to the same figure as Dwain.....$3000 is a realistic price for the pair IMHO.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

19. ol 12 shooter

ol 12 shooter TS Member

dwain,
    I'm with you on this one. Never heard of a K-Gun or Sietz going up or even getting to half the age and use of these pump guns without major $ loss or high dollar rebuilds..LOL.
    If you like the pair then buy them, I would too. I'm trying to sort out my M-12 collection for sale, going to thin way down.

Ol 12

20. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I bought a new M12 Y model in either 72 or 73. They were $400 new than. Just for fun info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.