1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2 kreighoffs broke last night

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by thedemoguy, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedemoguy

thedemoguy TS Member

They just need cleaned.

2. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Quit working on them yourself. Send them to Norbert and get them fixed . Allen

3. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

Yes, it is a common problem.

You're better off with a more reliable Remington 870.

Please send those Kreighoffs to me for disposal and in return, I will send you two replacement 870s.

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The one that quit shooting was because the shooter couldn't stand to pull the trigger any more! Lol. Nice shooting guns but they kick a little.

ec90t

5. thedemoguy

thedemoguy TS Member

I'll trade you my Beretta's for them. and you won't have that problem.
    Hell I'll pay the shipping...

Bill

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

send them to me

I will give 2 870s for each krieghoff and I will go with you to walmart so you can pick out the wood or plastic that you fancy in person

regards from Iowa- where we have been snowed in for days

Gene

7. stainlessbt99

stainlessbt99 TS Member

Meat shoots will do it everytime. Yeph. Those 1 1/2 ouncers will catch up with you everytime. Yes sir. you betya!!!!!

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Stainlessbt99,

I shoot with a guy that puts 1 1/2oz of 6's through his Bavarioun Sewell K-80 all the time. Doesn't seem to hurt it on bit. He has a checkup done it every year at the Grand.

Sorry if my spelling is a little off. I'm not a Krieghoff guy, nor do I have $30,000 to spend on a shotgun. The funny thing is though, there are two guys that have'em.

ec90t

9. thedemoguy

thedemoguy TS Member

If you get a Krieghoff, it will ruin it for the rest of your guns,,,
    So just grab then and send them to me and I'll send you 2 very nice Beretta's

Bill

10. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

Reel them in Jamie !!!!

11. Kory72

Kory72 TS Member

i shoot a ks-5.mine only broke once.the locking bolt broke off.kory shissler

12. Kory72

Kory72 TS Member

i shoot a ks-5.mine only broke once.the locking bolt broke off.kory shissler

13. stainlessbt99

stainlessbt99 TS Member

jbmOU,
    buy a BT99 in stead of a Keiegoff, they are a lot cheaper and the barrel off the 99 can double as a car jack handle too, Or a club or a bottle rocket launcher or whatever.

14. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

Don't know about the one that just quit shooting but the one that went off when closed is a common problem with ks-5s== there is an adjustment screw you reach thru one of two holes in the trigger guard that you turn to put it back in time--don't remember if you turn it right or left but about a half a turn is all it takes--fixed mine fine.

15. Steve Ebsenn

Steve Ebsenn TS Member

Not unusual for Krieg's to break down now and again. New a buddy had one break down in a shoot off. Scared the h e double toothpicks out of everyone when he closed the gun and shot the trap house. Only shoots the other K gun and hasn't had a problem in 5 years.

Goathead

16. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

If the first example had a KS-5 Special, it has an adjustable trigger, both let off and weight. If you thoroughly clean that gun and re-adjust the "cripness" of the trigger (let off) by setting it while disassembled, you'll likely have the situation you describe; gun fires when closing it. A turn or so on the adjustment screw while all assembled will solve that one in 10 seconds. Haven't a clue why the 2nd issue but any gun can have a fatal quit with a broken part. My "special" just keeps working right so I doubt anyone would call "all" of them suspect....breakemall....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.