1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2 Junior shooters shoot 500x500

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

It's tough to beat young eyes and reflexes. The kids these days have better eye hand cordination from all of those video games. If you can keep them focused, we'd all be in trouble.

Changing to 3 hole targets would only make it worse!

ec90t

2. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

I applaud their discipline, congratulations on a fine accomplishment.

But..........

I would bet dollars to donuts (and I like dollars even more than I like donuts) that if these two juniors were asked the question "do you still feel challenged by ATA singles" the answer would be NO.

That answer would apply to the vast majority of honest ATA shooters and I'm sure there are a few left. :)

Our juniors need to be skill challenged and have their physical AND mental abilities tested in competition. 500 straight. come on.

FWIW, my personal best is 99 straight so what do i know.

3. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

names?

4. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Exactly shootem. People hear are amazing. 2 or 3 hole isn't the point. For these JR's to keep it together for a 500 straight is one hell of an accomplishment. Dave T.

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

So, um...who were they, again?

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

great shooting....

what % if ata shooters have accomplished this????

7. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

At the end of the day the same top shooters would be winners, changing to 3 hole targets would only accomplish one thing. The top shooters winning score MIGHT be 1 or 2 targets lower.

Quit your belly aching and step up to the line and shoot.

Ronbo

8. Rich V.

Rich V. Member

Evan Fine - NV

Tim Varble - IL

Rich V...

9. The Kolar Kid

The Kolar Kid TS Member

Geez people,

Stop your complaining about everything. You are the same guys that b!t$h about kids getting into so much trouble these days then when they kick butt shooting you get mad and jealous?? I would be proud to shake their hands myself. No matter what you think they are shooting which is better than sitting around playing video games all day or looking for trouble or drugs. The kids should be encouraged no matter what their scores are or what events they shoot so we can keep recruiting these young folks into a great sport.

This forum amazes me sometimes of all the negativity that goes around. I hope you complainers don’t run the rest of your life like this, if you do, I do feel sorry for ya’ll…

KK

10. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Amen Kolar Kid!

Ronbo

11. gamehog2

gamehog2 TS Member

Something you might want to know. Counting the back 100 of the SCTP (which he ran) Evan shot 673 targets without missing and did win the Junior shoot off on Saturday night. He is one of the most natural shooters I have ever seen.

Darrel

12. LOWGUN

LOWGUN TS Member

As I have read this thread I don't see anyone degrading the fine shooting these young people have done. They are critical of the system(ATA).It is a common perception that when things are difficult, we (USA) make the game easier(2 hole vs 3 hole). Our country with all the freedom/ability to shoot should win all the Olympic events. The world just shakes their collective heads at us. Face it folks not everyone is going to be a AA27AA shooter. The world is not fair so get over it. KUDOS TO THE KIDS. Mike

13. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Congratulations to Evan and Tim on some fine shooting! Evan, 600 plus..wow. That is sweet! I would love to shoot 500 straight be it a two hole or three hole target.

Rick Brohmer

14. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

That's the beauty of this sport.

ANYONE CAN WIN!

What could be fairer than that?

15. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Thanks Rich.

16. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Wow - Both are due congratulations from all of us. Really great shooting regardless. Most of the posters here could not break 100 if set in straightaway position.

Few years ago we had a sub junior (Tommy Schultz) break 500 in prelim program. And he was not alone. Cannot remember other sub junior to tie him.
    Tommy shot the last 400 hundred 398. Total of 998 out of 1,000. I wish I could shoot that well. - Jim

17. C1

C1 Member

I'll bet if one of those Juniors was your son or grandson you would not be bitchen.

Maybe if we passed a rule that they had to pull their trigger with their thumb while having one foot at least 14 inches off the ground it would help. Maybe if you contact your state delegate he just might introduce a rule change to that effect.

You guys sound like the whiny kids to me.

Gary Riecke

18. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

MX-8B you are correct we do not care about the rest of the world!

Great shooting guys!

FRedmon

19. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Being a junior shooter myself, I would say that I am not challenged by the ATA Targets. I have never accomplished a feat of anything close to that bar, nor have I shot for much over 2 years, but I can say that there is no longer a "hard" shot that I can take. When I miss it is always a mental blunder, or mounting the gun wrong. Of course there is just that stupid shot but those are not because of target presentation, it is because trapshooting is 95% mental in my opinion. Granted, trapshooting being a mental game is not necessarily a bad thing, but I think that it could be a bit more challenging to hit the targets.
    -Trappy

20. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

FlaLagarto, that is true, however it is harder to hit those targets than it is to hit an ATA target.
    -Trappy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.