1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2 hole and 3 hole targets?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by flylta, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flylta

flylta TS Member

I am new to this only shooting about 1 year and still have not shot any registered competitions.

What are you guys talking about when you say shoot a 2 hole or a 3 hole target?

Thanks
    Ron

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

As the hole number increases so does the allowable maximum angle of the target increase. HMB

3. flylta

flylta TS Member

So this is a setting on the machine that throws the targets I'm guessing...

Thanks
    Ron

4. setter

setter Member

It's terminology from the old winchester hand set traps. They have a rotating plate that controls the oscillation. The plate has numbered holes, 0 thru 5, I think. The three hole produced targets with a minimum angle that equated to a striaght away from post 1 & 5. This produces a target spread of 44 degrees. 58 feet either side of the 50 yd stake. Two hole targets have a spread of 34 degrees, 45 feet either side of the 50 yd stake.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

It is old terminology that is still widely used as is dram equivalent is used to describe shells. Setter explained the angles well.

Pat Ireland

6. flylta

flylta TS Member

Thanks for the information. It makes it easier to understand.

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Pat offered an excellent analogy...

8. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

A GMV Superstar Trap actually has holes like the old Winchester hand traps. On a Pat Trap you have to position the micro-switches exactly the correct distance apart to simulate the Hole 2 setting. I still don't know how to set an older Pat Trap but I heard there is some trick to disable a wire somewhere and set the trap for angles without cycling through a bunch of targets and watching from just to the right of Post 1 or to the left of Post 5.

9. setter

setter Member

miketmx,

Here is the thread that discusses that topic. Works with both G's and SW's. The G's come with a two hole switch bar.

10. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Thanks, this time I saved the info on my hard drive but the weather is still not nice yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.