1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2 guns, same load -one kicks hard, one doesn't.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by timb99, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Mostly weight, but also fit.

What kind of guns are they?

If one is a semi-auto, there's a huge difference.

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I believe the design has something to do with felt recoil. I had a 101 with a tight chrome lined bore and the high profile receiver and it kicked the snot out of me. The low profile receiver guns like Beretta, Kreighoff, Perazzi, 3200 etc. seem milder in comparison. My TMX doesn't kick very much but I hate to admit that the MX3 Single barrel with a back bored and ported barrel and the same weight and stock dimensions kicks even less.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thats why I shoot a 303 Beretta

4. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Give me an older Winchester and I shoot it just fine. Give me a newer Winchester and it will kick the hell out of my face. I will get a nice black and blue mark on my face. Why I don't know. Its just the way it is.

5. 870compman

870compman TS Member

Recoil is the reason I shoot an 870 Comp.

Dale Wolff

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Its all about Physics... actual recoil is dependent upon gun weight - everything else being equal... "felt" recoil will be based upon fit, barrel configurtion (high/lo/mid) and lest we forget the little things like types of recoil pads, firearm actions, barrel refinements (back boring, forcing cones, etc...)...

regards all,

Jay

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Some guns are possessed by demons, and should be avoided at all costs. HMB

8. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

I think that the figuration of the stock has a lot to do with recoil I have a 338 remington BDL that is a joy to shoot very little recoil and I have a classic remington 700 338 that will kick the hell out of your face so you tell me other than the figuration of the stock what causes it. The same load was used in both weapons. I guess the design is the secret to recoil in any weapon in the stock I mean.

Duckeye

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

A shooters may feel little recoil with one gun and another shooter may feel excessive recoil with the same gun. One set of stock dimensions will not fit everyone.

Pat Ireland

10. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I shoot a DT-10 and had the same experience shooting a Geurini that thing kicked like a mule,I would say that's another good reason to try any trap gun before you buy,some fit some don't.Jerry

11. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

Could be something as simple as the pitch of the recoil pad. My 3200 used to kick badly, so I tried hanging a couple of fender washers between the recoil pad and the stock on the lower screw until it felt good, then had the pad reset.

End of problem.

Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.