1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2 Cycle or 4 Cycle ATV

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by RunGunIPSC, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I would appreciate your thoughts & ideas as to whether a 2 cycle or 4 cycle engine is better for a 90cc ATV. Am especially interested in the durability and the suitabiliy to move a heavier backside. Thank you. Tom.

2. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Long story as to why at 67 & 163#s I want a 90cc. Simply,that is what suits my needs & condition the best($$$ are not a problem.) If I could use a larger size,would do a 250 Kaw or Can-Am. Tom

3. raymerlo

raymerlo Member

minimum get a 400cc or 500cc 4 wheel drive 4cycle machine it will serve you well and is safer than some of the bigger one's that can really crank up speed,leave those for the younger guy's and don't forget a helmet

4. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

Suggest you check the specs of any 90cc before you buy one. All I've seen limit the payload to 150 pounds- not enough for me.

5. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

4 Cycle...........

GS

6. smartweed

smartweed TS Member

Four cycle, no doubt. I recently bought a Honda with automatic and the choice of two or four wheel drive [switch]. Everything is great except it is VERY cold blooded; tough to start and it eats batteries.
    Recently attached a trickle attachment for extended battery life. Good luck.

7. perga1

perga1 Active Member

4 stroke, power band too narrow on 2 strokes.

8. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

I'm with the other guys. 4 stroke, and bigger! My 8 year old has a 110cc 4 stroke and it really lugs under my 220# backside, just running it into the garage. Wear and tear on it will not allow it to hold up if you have the big backside syndrome!!

9. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

Defiantly a 4 stroke a 2 stroke will foul the out the plug at slow speed and they are not made to lug. Also I'm not sure who bought the rights to Honda's 90 and 110cc but like on the old 3 wheeler in the 90cc it had a hi and lo lever on the gear case for extra puling now whether anybody still makes that I'm not sure, anyway that's my penny's worth.

thanks
    lee

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Four stroke not question!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

quads which is better 2cycle or 4cycle