1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2 cents for a grape

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by halfmile, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

This morning's email:

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS

"At approximately 2:30 pm, September 6, 2012, I entered the Publix store on Main St. in Gainesville , FL to pick up a few items. I gathered my items and went to the 14 and under register to check-out. The person in front of me (a white female, approximate age 35-43, fake nails, big braided hair do, clean clothes, carrying a purse and a plastic drinking cup) put her purchase on the check out surface ONE GRAPE.

Yes, that is correct ONE GRAPE. The cashier asked if that was all, she replied yes. The cashier then weighted the GRAPE and told the women the cost was $.02 (TWO CENTS), the women then pulled out her Food Stamp EBT card and swiped it through the credit card machine, requesting $24.00 in cash back.
    SHE said this is how i git my free obama money. The cashier asked if she wanted the GRAPE, the woman replied no and the GRAPE was put in the garbage can. The register recorded the sale as .02, cash back $24.00. The cashier then asked if two fives would be okay because was out of tens, the woman agreed and took the $24.00 folded it up and put it in her pocket and left the store.

As the next person in line I asked the cashier as a taxpayer what in the hell just happened here she said she was on the clock and could not comment. I then asked if I had actually seen this person purchase and discard a GRAPE, then get cash back on her Food Stamp EBT card. The cashier responded that it happens all day every day in their store. She also said that if the person buying the GRAPE has it ring up over .02 they get mad and make her reweigh it.

My next comment was to ask the cashier if she planned to vote in November,and she said she could hardly wait for 11/6/12 to get here as one taxpayer to another. I paid for my groceries, in cash, and left the store madder than 10 wet hens."

Thanks, Virg, I needed that.

HM

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

And thats just one thing thats wrong with the "system".

3. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

The 47% comment comes to mind. If Hussein gets another four that percentage will be a majority. Just what the libtards want. A dependant electorate.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

I suspect the libs privately don't dispute the 47% number...they're just pissed at Romney for saying it, and bringing the issue to daylight and showing what a slovenly country we've become.

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

What a great campaign commercial--Romney saying do you think she's a member of the 47% ?

Phil Berkowitz

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I've seen people take an entire cartload of bottled water into the parking lot, and pour the contents of every bottle onto the pavement. Then wheel the empties over the the redemption center to get a nickel deposit on each.

There is way too much fraud and waste in these programs and they need a serious check and balance. Slashing the budgets is one good place to start.

7. shadow

shadow Active Member

What ever happened to the old commodities system ?

8. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

We need to get us one of them cards!!!!

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The commodities were abandoned because people actually had to cook.

They were composed of surplus items, and there is not much surplus anymore. We had a cheese thing in Wisconsin for a while, and it was common knowledge you could buy plenty of good low price cheese at certain taverns on the first of the month.

I was irate about it till someone told me the object of the game wasn't to feed the poor, it was to get rid of the excess cheese and save the price supports.

HM

10. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Is this for real?? Is it really possible to now get cash from food stamp cards?

11. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

This EBT thing is getting out of hand, it seems like everybody has one. Whoever I get behind in the checkout lane is using an EBT Card. They are called "Hoosier Works" cards in Indiana. I don't know where the "works" comes from.

A couple of Fridays ago I went to the store to pick up a few things. Got behind a woman in a scooter at the checkout lane. She had a card in her right hand, since she was sitting I could look right over her shoulder and see it was a "Hoosier Works" card. She must of weighed 400lbs and her cart was loaded with frozen pizzas, hamburgers, etc... Followed her out to the parking lot, and she got in a 3 or 4 year old SUV. I'm getting in my 94 Ford pickup.

The other day at the conv. mart stopped to get gas. Young lady in front of me paid for high price snacks with the good ole "Hoosier Works" card, then purchased $20 in Lotto tickets with cash. I guess she has lotto ticket money, but needs state help to buy food.

Yesterday stopped at a pizza place. It was one of those place where they prepare the pizza the way you tell em, then you take it home and bake it. Well guess what? Yeap, EBT customer in front of me.

Look around almost every store has a sign out that says we accept EBT. What the heck does that tell you? There are a lot of customers with EBT cards in their pocket.

Maybe it is time for free food for everybody. Just do away with EBT and provide every person in this country with a sack of rice and beans every month. Since the post office is hurting for business we can have them deliver it. Nobody will go hungry, everybody will have a nutrious sack of rice and beans. Tired of eating rice and beans and want a pizza, then go get a damn job and buy it yourself or ask a charity/church to buy it for you.

12. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

And she probably went out and dailed up her free Obama cell phone also!

13. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/grapes.asp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.