1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$2.75 per 25 BIRD PRACTICE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by d.delph, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d.delph

d.delph TS Member

During the months of Janurary and February 2012, the Crittenden AAA Gun Club will only be charging 2.75 per round of 25 for practice. With the economy down as well as shooting being down, we felt this might be a good way of trying to get more for your shooting dollars. We are now open on both Fridays and Saturdays starting about 5:00 pm. We are also shooting some 5 across with the usual 10 bird matches, protections and a program. The new wobble trap is working very well with both 5 across and protections being shot on it. The shoot offs are really cool, especially if your watching, LOL. We are talking also about having a 25 bird program off of the wobble. Food served on Fridays only as of now, free coffee on Sats. COME ON DOWN and join the fun. Hope the cheaper price helps, Thanks, Dan Delph. 859-393-8800.

2. Dave S

Dave S Active Member

Sounds like fun at a great price. If you want new shooters you might tell us where it is.

3. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

Crittenden, KY

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The targets cost the club $2.25 so you have .50 left for power & help?

5. d.delph

d.delph TS Member

Cubancigar, Why would you post a thread like that when you have no idea what the targets cost us? Even if we wanted to loose money to draw shooters and to try to save people some money what is it to you? I do not appreciate your comment. As for the other gentlemans question, we are at exit 166 off of I-75 in Nor Ky. Southbound turn left, northbound turn right. Go to dead end ( about 500 yds. )Turn right onto U.S.25. Go thru town, approx. 3/4 mile, Turn left onto route 491. Cross tracks, first drive on the left. We would appreciate your joining us. Dan Delph, Crittenden AAA Gun Club.

6. SuperMotard

SuperMotard Member

i guess i took cuban's comment to mean something different...... how can you afford power and help for 50 cents..... Good deal anyway you cut it.

7. tj303

tj303 Member

$2.25 per round at cost is $11.25/case. Have targets really gone up that much?

8. d.delph

d.delph TS Member

9. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

They operate under the old Jewish principle-every sale at a loss but make it up in volume!!

10. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

Causes me to think about driving down from Michigan just to shoot a whole lot of birds and meet new shooters. But if I was to do that do you have a field that is just for practice to shoot as much as you like? Doubles? Or do you shoot a few practice and then play games. I will go anywhere to shoot above freezing!

CM

11. d.delph

d.delph TS Member

Some of you people just don't understand. Duh! I assure you that clays don't cost $11.00 and up per case. Just come on down and enjoy the cheap price before March gets here. Dan.

12. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Thanks d.delph. Sounds like a good club worth taking a look at. Especally in the hill of KY. Will be joining you there my next trip to GA before I head down to the swamp.. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE NICE OFFERS!!!

13. BD457

BD457 Member

Why do so many people look gift horses in the mouth? It's a fantastic gesture by a shooting club and that's that. I wish more clubs would follow your lead during tough times. If airfare and hotel weren't a factor, I'd be there in a heartbeat

Mike

14. d.delph

d.delph TS Member

Thanks for the comments. Dan.

15. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

It really is none of our buisness how much the club makes per round. They are trying to help out shooters in their local area with AFFORDABLE practice rounds.They are charging enough to pay for the targets, electricity for the trap machines and club house, and either paying for trap help or using club volunteer help. At our club I can buy a case of 135 targets for $10.00. (I have a Do-All trap machine at home) at this rate it is costing me at home $2.00 per round plus I have an extra 10 targets for broken targets. I know our club makes some money at selling the targets for $10.00 a case. Not much but we are not going broke either. I think this is great that they are offering practice rounds at this rate. Anyone in the area should take advantage of this. I hope that this club picks up a few more members to. Thanks d.delph for posting this.
    Jim Bradbury

16. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I've never seen a Trapshooter complain about lower prices. Most complain when you raise the price of wads .25/bag-then threaten to quit. Why not charge even less per round and try to make up the difference in beer sales as some clubs do!!

17. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

That is a good price. Coffee Creek Conservation in Commiskey, IN charges $2.00 on Wednesday afternoons and $2.50 on Saturday afternoons year round. Come and shoot with us.

18. d.delph

d.delph TS Member

19. Stuart

Stuart Member

Danny Delph, They told me you quite shooting and went into making moon shine. What have you been doing with all your money since you quite coming to the Grand?
    Is the other Dan still taking your money? Miss you guys and all the shit I had to put up with you-all.
    Stu Wright

20. d.delph

d.delph TS Member

Hey Stu, Great to hear from you. I'm still hangin around the club, do more running it than shooting. We are now shooting on Fridays and Saturdays which keeps me very busy. Dan Ryan is still taking the other guys money but not mine. The reson for that, is that I'm not shooting much. LOL. Hope all is well with you and the family. Miss you all very much. Maybe I might get to come to Sparta some time to see you all. Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Happy New Year. Dan Delph. Tell mom and Scott I think of them often..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.