1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2.5" shells cycling in a 3" semi-auto: Beretta 391

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sernv99, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I am interested in trying out those B&P High Pheasant loads, 1 1/16oz in my semi-auto (391). The shells are 2.5" and my gun's chamber is 3". I assume, given the 1 1/16oz loading, the 2.5" shells should cycle fine through a semi-auto? Anyone shoot these specific shells through a semi-auto and had difficulty? I have the straight carrier on my 391, not the bent carrier.

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Be prepared to have fun. Those are good bullets.

I have not shot them in a Beretta, but I have shot the B&P (and several varieties of RST 2½")in a Benelli and a couple of flavors of 1100. No issues.

Incidentally, the B&P are not - technically - 2½", they are 67mm, or red AA length.

Bob

3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

If they don't open and cycle the bolt, you may have to change the spring on the barrel. Cole Gunsmithing has the correct springs if you encounter this problem. Check it out at colegun.com

Sufer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 391 5 shells