Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2/3 of the trash has been taken out.

4K views 33 replies 28 participants last post by  bill1949 
#1 ·
We got the House and Governors. We are still working on the Senate sets. We are 4 sets away from getting control of that. We just might, depending on how the recount goes. We did it and glad we did so.

#6 ·
In Illinois the Republicans took Obama's old senate seat, but the governors race is not looking as well. The race is so close, they have not called it yet. Sad to say, in the Republican "stronghold" county of Dupage, the voters did not come out for Brady as large as they should have. Maybe they should rename it RINO county!

#7 ·
Too bad that a lot of New Yorkers voted the way they did. At least in the Rochester area we won't have to worry about David Koon and all his anti-gun legislation any more. GOOD RIDDANCE!!! Unfortunately we are now stuck with Cuomo, Duffy, Schneiderman, Schumer and his "little girl" Gillibrand. Several years ago, Bob Duffy stated on the radio that he was not an anti, but supported the 2nd amendment. We'll see. Larry Evans

#8 ·
Been on this forum for over ten years - have no problem with the thread. Just question its placement. I usually go to "Other" for the political and interesting, non-shooting threads. The thread title was interesting but surprising when I got into it. No great harm - just a simple question. It's just my thought and opinion - no more than that. I do get an opinion, right?

#12 ·
Sadly the man at the top still will not see this as a referendum on his presidency. He is much to arrogant to change his liberal plans or tactics, even though the people have now made it clear how they feel about his plans and tactics. The ineffective state legislator became an ineffective junior senator, now becomes the ineffective president.

I am sure he will speak today about laying party politics aside for the good of the country. Then he will jet off to India at a cost to us of $200 million per day. While we stay home and struggle to pay his bills.

The best news is that after January, Pelosi is no longer speaker of the House.

#15 ·
To those who are questioning my placement of this thread. The reason is simple. This is an important subject and I wanted it in the opening section of this site. The reason is I and I'm sure others have gotten on to TS.com and not gotten past the first section. The reason for me is that I got a call, had something come up, had to go to the bathroom and or just leave the house and not gotten any further. Yes I agree that somethings need to be in the proper section but somethings can be put where it can get the most posters right away. I'm happy as hell that we all put it to the bum's and sent a clear message that WE THE VOTERS run this country. Also, thank you all for voting. Now teach your kids to do the same.

#17 ·
In my opinion, I believe the election had everything to do with shooting here in Illinois. Last year, our lawmakers were considering banning all semi-autos in the state and not just handguns. What would that have done to our shooting and hunting sports? One local gun maker moved to Iowa for this reason (Les Baer) and several others were considering moving also. Just think what that law would have done to Sparta for those of you who shoot autos? So we are very happy to report that we have trashed a few of the bad ones, and replaced with progunners, however we still have a ways to go. We are still waiting for the results for Govenor, that's a big one. Hubby and I may stay in Illinois afterall.

Sue

#19 ·
"If anyone thinks that anything will change they are living in the dark"

Maybe we should just roll over and take it in the backside then. I tell you what, you give up and we'll keep fighting for your sorry butt. Its attitudes like "it will never change" that gives the Antis and takers their egde. We gotta start somewhere and this election was the starting point!! Take this however you want, but if you think i'm giving up stick around.

Matt Parker

#20 ·
On TV land CNN,Fox and the rest all say the Repubs will never repeal healthcare, it gives them all power.One went on to say that the dems and repubs have been switching back and forth 125 years and know how to play the game better than we do, it willbe business as usual with promises but no accomplishments.

#21 ·
Frem EXFDX<blockquote><I>"You can always go to another forum if you don't like it."</i></blockquote>That was a real snot-bag reply considering the man is right; there's a place been set aside for you guys that wanna argue politics where you can either gloat or whimper all day and night and the rest of us don't have to step over or around it to get to the relevant stuff.

MK

#23 ·
Matt,I am 65 coming 66 and the only thing I can say is that things for the main stream person is slowly coming apart. I love to think that a new broom sweeps clean but give this some time and if there is a change for the better I will shake your hand. Just look at the big picture the whole world is screwed up. We are feeding people that want to kill us. Trevor Dawe.

#25 ·
I will sleep fine, glad you're happy with the new trash, it makes no difference to me.....should be interesting with a new group of puppeteers & puppets in Washington. Don't you agree? If you want to worship any political party that's fine with me....just don't expect everyone to fall into lockstep with you.....some can think for themselves without some "party" telling them what's happening. Sleep well.

#26 ·
I'm glad there's been a change (just to send a message if nothing else), but in my case in IL I felt that I didn't really have much of a choice in terms of candidates. My choices were all good ol' boy #1 vs. good ol' boy #2. Most of the local races didn't even have opposing candidates. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. I'll be happy to rotate people in and out every term, but I don't see what that really accomplishes. Maybe I'll just watch "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" a few more times and hope there is some integrity left...

--Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.