1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2 1/2" reloads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bakergun, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

Hello
    I am trying to find a source to reload 2 1/2" 12 ga. shells. I just bought a Baker Trap and I need to load some low pressure loads, there is some one with some data to share it would be appreciated,if so please also jive the pressure
    Thank you for your time and trouble
    Pete

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

2 1/2

Pete- They are easy to find. Start with 2 3/4 inch Federal paper hulls and have a good shell cutter. I like Baker guns and at one time had several of them. Now the ATA Hall of Fame has several Baker Guns. Many shooters do not even recognize the Baker name and even fewer understand the association between Baker, A.H. Fox and Parker.

Pat Ireland

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

2 1/2

Pat,
    Enlighten us on the association between Baker, AH Fox, and Parker. I like this kind of stuff.

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

2 1/2

There was an article in January issue of SKEET publication. It gave sources for that 2 1/2" stuff. New shells, reloading, hulls etc. I have the issue but not here. Let me know if I can get it to you. I know there is a mfg. here in PA that does that new factory stuff. I don't want to just throw a name out there I would be wrong.

5. Lostintheozone

Lostintheozone Member

2 1/2

I reload for a Brit gun built around 1930. Any low pressure load data for 2 3/4" will work for 2 1/2". I'm using IMR SR7625 powder. The only difference is you will have to cut the hulls, find a shorter wad (CB 1138-12) and probably roll crimp. That's what I do and it works fine. I understand that MEC makes a coversion unit to crimp 2 1/2" loads but I dont have one. I don't shoot high volume with my game gun so roll crimping is good enough for me. It also works better because it uses less of the hull and makes a better seal.

If you want my load PM me. I don't want to advertise it.

Jim

6. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

2 1/2

bakergun, contact Ballistic Products in MN and I believe they can help you out with your wants and needs.

7. William681

William681 Member

2 1/2

bakergun, as one who hunts with a classic Lefever 16
    Try following the 16 Gauge Society links for ammunition.
    Many of the suppliers there also have 2 1/2" 12 gauge shells.
    Try some of these: http://www.polywad.com/vintager.html,
    http://lefeverforum.com, http://www.lcsmith.org/index.html
    Bill

8. esetter

esetter Active Member

2 1/2

Call RST. They make some great, light pressure 2 1/2" loads. They are great people to work with and you will love the shells. If you want to reload, call Precision Reloading. They helped me out with my short chambered William Powell loads.

9. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

2 1/2

Hello
    I would like to take this time to thank everyone for their help and input to help me out.It was deeply a appreciated.
    Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.