1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2 1/2 inch 20 GA loads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by esetter, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esetter

esetter Active Member

Does anyone have a good load for 20GA Fiocchi hulls using PB powder? Having a hard time finding a load and locating the wads called for.

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Give a call to Ballistic Products.. They have loading data.. wads.. and whatever is needed to properly reload the shorter hulls..

3. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

That's pretty straightforward ... if you have the right wads - most of the American wads won't fit in a 2½" hull.

With the Gualandi wads, you can make about what weight you want in a 2½". Grafs has the 'G-20' wads, and Precision Reloading has the cushioned gas-seal. For a double gun, I really like the cushioned GS.

For PB drops and (nominal) 7/8oz load, use the Federal Hull data ... regardless of wad & primer, they are all 17.5gn ±½gn, and all are low pressure.

I have no idea what BPI calls their 20ga Gulandi wads these days, but if you know what the 'G' looks like, it's pretty straightforward.

Bob

4. esetter

esetter Active Member

I called Ballistic Products and they don't have any loads for the 2 1/2" shells using PB powder?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.