1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2,000 Dead People Got Food Stamps

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

(CNSNews.com) – New York and Massachusetts are administering food stamps to 2,000 dead people, according to Sen. Tom Coburn’s (R-Okla.) catalog of government waste.

The 2012 Waste Book, released earlier this week, documents $4.5 billion in waste in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), commonly known as food stamps.

Among his findings, Coburn said that, “The USDA Inspector General found roughly 2,000 dead people are still receiving food stamps in New York and Massachusetts combined.”

“Additionally, its investigation revealed 7,236 people in these states are receiving duplicate benefits, while 286 are on state lists that should exclude them from receiving food stamps,” the report said, amounting to $1.4 million in unnecessary payments each month, or $147.03 for each recipient, dead or alive.

READ ARTICLE:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/2000-dead-people-got-food-stamps

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Obama got another 3 million dead people jobs digging worms, and they all vote ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Hey! --As long as Dead people can "VOTE" for Obama, I guess they can get food stamps!!!!!

4. TD1958

TD1958 Member

I thought this was another thread about more goverment workers benefits. Sorry LOL. Tim

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

And now, the response from the Obama team:

"Mitt Romney killed those people."

"So, you have a choice...you can vote for the guy who done 'em in...or you can go for the guy who's trying to bring 'em back!"

(this message sponsored by the Organization of Petroleum-Exporting Countries, and by Goldman Sachs - Official Energy Tax Collector for the Obama Second Term).

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Okay, let's give it a try.

ready?

In unison now, at the count of three.

IT'S ROMNEY'S FAULT!

................i don't know, just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?

I guess after we hear it enough after the first couple weeks, we will get used to it.

7. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

According to an article in this week's local newspaper, 1100 Illinois inmates collected $2,000,000 in fraudulent unemployment benefits between Jan. 2011 and July 2012. The benefits were collected WHILE they were incarcerated in county slammers or state penitentiaries.

Who says there's no waste and fraud in government programs?

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Now, if we can only get them to manage healthcare.

9. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

They will not eat much... lettem have it HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

10. oz

oz Active Member

No silly, IT'S BUSH'S FAULT. pay attention.

11. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

If a person redeeming the food stamp card does not have their name on it , Isnt that fraud?

12. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

If they are scammers , they probably have a wallet full of ID's to go with their food stamps. I have family members in the supermarket business. They
    know that if questioned, the imposters either "make an unpleasant scene", or just move their business to another store that "looks the other way"
    Also, they tend to shop at peak hours when the lines are long. Stores do not like to inconvenience the "paying customers" behind these folks on the line by taking time to verify id.

PS I just love being behind one of these folks on line, and then see them loading their haul into a 40 grand new suv usually parked in the disabled
    permit zone to boot.

13. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Just like every give away program ran by the gubment, it is full of fraud.

I was in a Savemart in Reedley, Ca. buying a few things and a Mexican women in front of me wearing a lot of Gold, 100.00 nails and dressed to the nines had a fist full of WIC checks.

I followed her out to see what she drove, If I am lieing I'm dyin, she put the stuff in a New Cadallac Escalade SUV with at least 3,000.00 worth of 24" rims and run flats.

Anything the Gubment touches, that private interprise could do better, it screws up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.