1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1st trip to the grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by deadnout, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadnout

deadnout Member

well i loaded up the golf cart and drove 90 miles to my 1st grand american. wow what a show. i didnt go to shoot. i went just as a jafo. just watching those who were shooting was a treat. i would pale in comparision to those shooters. dont get me wrong but id be so nervous id look like a fool. it was great just watching and studying their moves and concentration. maybe next year ill be ready to step up to the plate and shoot. i used to shoot registered targets 25 yrs ago carried. 22-23 average. but now after just getting back into the game im only averageing 20-22 average. but it was great just watching them shoot. went to all the vendors, stopped at aussie rays and got some molded ear plugs made. went looking at all the guns for sale. whew almost bought one i saw. but after all the money ive spent lately i didnt. ive bought 4 trap guns since jan this year. the weather was great and temps in the low eighties.. well thats all just had to ramble about a great day and time rich

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Rich,

Glad you came down.

Ninety miles in a golf cart is some dedication. ;)

Don't worry about your scores. If most of us waited until we could put a hurtin' on the "big dogs" we'd never get here. Just come next time and shoot.

Like I tell folks back home, it's exactly like shooting at the local club. Only there are 26 other 4-trap clubs all shooting at the same time.

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

90 miles in a golf cart! Good one V10

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Isn't that what he said? Or did I read it wrong? :)

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Nice shoot'n today V10. I'm still work'n on the thumb drive. Didn't find what I wanted today. Tear 'em up second half tomorrow.

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Thanks Matt.

I might pick you up one at Best Buy, if you want.

7. deadnout

deadnout Member

oops it does sound like i drove the cart to the grand. what i really did was load it on the trailer and pulled it with the truck. my bad. if i would of drove the cart i would have needed some really big batteries. thanks for the encourgement v10. hitapair you didnt read it wrong. it does look that way.

8. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Don't worry Rich, we were just teasing' ya.

9. deadnout

deadnout Member

thanks v10. i thought you guys was a funning me.i feel gooder now. rich

10. claydust0069

claydust0069 Member

I am heading out to the Grand on Wed from Ohio. It will be my second time to shoot in Sparta. I am really looking forward to it. Got back into it the last 13 months year taking several years off. Not sure how I will shoot but it is going to be fun. Next year bring your gun and shoot. It is always fun to tell folks about shooting in the Grand. Of course, here in central Ohio we hold 3 shoots at Cardinal that are bigger than most of the satellite grands so it is a great place to shoot. Get back home from Illinois and get ready for the Cardinal Classic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.