1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1st Toyota Recall, Now Honda Recall

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by sernv99, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

1.) Honda recall it's dinky Jazz car over a faulty window switch

2.) GM gets bailed out with Taxpayer money

which is worse?

2. Lee Dodge

Lee Dodge TS Member

The Toyota recall only involves Toyotas made in the USA with poor quality made in the USA parts. The units made in Japan and the part that is made in Japan are not on the recall. So much for quality made American Crap. Lee Dodge

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

If you research all the GM recalls you wont have time to read it. I have been a Ford man since my last Toyota in 2000 and have not regretted it but only because Toyota does not really build a tow vehicle

4. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

SERNV

ON THAT NOTE:

WHAT'S WORSE

1. JAPAN BOMBING PEARL HARBOR.
    2. JAPAN MANIPULATING THE YEN TO MAKE THEIR EXPORTED CARS CHEAPER.
    3. JAPAN EXCLUDING AMERICAN MADE CARS IN ITS "CASH FOR CLUNKERS" PROGRAM

GM BAILOUT WAS A LOAN....WITH HIGHER THAN FAIR MARKET INTEREST TO BE MADE BY THE TAXPAYER. THEY ANNOUNCED RECENTLY THAT THEY EXPECT TO PAY IT BACK EARLIER THAN EXPECTED.

5. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

We only assembled the American supplied material as per the American engineered design in our American owned factory.

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

servn99....Whats your logic? See website above.

Also isn't it true that Japanese industry is backed by the Japanese government, a unfair advantage over US manufacturing. It doesn't stop with the Japanese goverment either!! Google can be your friend.

7. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

"WHAT'S WORSE

1. JAPAN BOMBING PEARL HARBOR. 2. JAPAN MANIPULATING THE YEN TO MAKE THEIR EXPORTED CARS CHEAPER. 3. JAPAN EXCLUDING AMERICAN MADE CARS IN ITS "CASH FOR CLUNKERS" PROGRAM"

Japan bombed Pearl Harbor and the US won the war.....and your point is? You are not very educated are you?

Japan manipulating the yen? yeah and so does a host of other nations that we import products from? Gee, I don't see you badmouthing them....that Pearl Harbor thing must really get ya mad huh?

" servn99....Whats your logic? See website above."

Likes_to_shoot: use your brain a little bit more, you are almost there. Too bad that Huffingtonpost states that Toyota was looking for a JAPANESE GOVERNMENT bailout. Are my U.S. taxes going to be used to bail out Toyota? Ummm. I think not. You were close but no cigar.

I just bought a Toyota Tacoma and I'm loving it. Made by folks who don't belong to the UAW and support anti-gun politicians.

I like how the folks on here who piss on the Dems and Obama and rant about the antigunners yet they proudly claim to drive an American car built by UAW members who support Obama and most, if not all, Democrats.

hypocrisy at its best ;-)

8. fortwtlkqa

fortwtlkqa Member

I think people are just scooting Fords 1.6 million F-150's they are recalling under the rug. Seems that the Airbag's have been deploying while people are driving down the road. Hmmm... I'm no brain surgeon but if my gas pedal sticks I put the car in neutral and stop, can't do that if I'm knocked out because my airbag deployed while I was doing 65 down the highway.

I'm just thankful that Toyota is taking the Proactive approach. They could do
    what Ford did with the Explorer in the 90's and say that Lawsuits are cheaper than doing a recall.

Proud Toyota Owner & Beretta Owner

Curt Kinsey

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I think the Fords air bag deployed on purpose...they know when you are unamerican ,..and in that case you deserve being slapped by the air bag

10. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Funny how some of you characters bash American made products but with the weakness in the dollar there are foreign companies buying our stuff now. They want the QUALITY and can now afford it! Morons!!!

Steve

11. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

We have only seen the beginning of government motor's tactics to have someone else bail out their auto company. The fines that will be leveled against Toyota will be astounding! And where do you think the money will go...back to the consumer?

Ford and Honda are next.

Mark

12. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

All manufactures have had their problems.
    1)remember GM's engine mount problem--fix-install wire rope to prevent engine from falling on steering linka
    2)Ford gas tanks in collisions-fix?
    3) the Problems that affected me personally:
    a) I got one of the first Ford Aerostars-problem trailing arms separated from frame-fix Ford gave me a new vehicles--others got a bracket to reinforce the weld

b)1997 Ford Explorer-problem upper control arm separting from ball joint, fix install after mkt ball joint-real problem was the ball joint was held in place by a "pinch fit"--there was no positive capture of the stud on the ball joint---call NHTSA--lots of accidents, but Ford was connected & no recall

The only thing I own with the name Ford on is their stock.

Phil Berkowitz

13. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

You know, a lot of the perception of a company's product being of high quality can be just that - a perception. In 1989, I was hired by a GM/Toyota dealer whose large metropolitan dealership was being threatened with non-renewal of its sales and service agreements (franchises) by both automakers due to poor scores on customer satisfaction surveys. My first meeting with my Toyota district service representative was a real eye-opener.

He stressed to me how important high survey scores were to Toyota because magazines like Consumer Reports key on them and they can influence the ratings their vehicles receive. My service advisors were trained and drilled on the importance of practically begging the warranty customers to give us "Very Satisfied" and "Would definitely recommend" answers to their survey questions.

Then he and I went into my office where he told me that I would NEVER receive a bad survey on a warranty repair that had a claim total of less than $300. Puzzled, I asked why. "Because you'll eat it, that's why," was his reply. "If a customer as much as ACTS like he or she MIGHT be unhappy, you will not file that claim. And if the claim is for more than $300, you will call me and I'll change the customer's address in our database so no survey will reach them. Then and only then will you submit the claim for payment." My mind was blown, there's no other way to put it, and I can still hear him giving me those instructions.

Yes, we had fewer warranty claims on Toyotas but we sold more GM vehicles. And my warranty claim receiveables (dollars owed to us by the manufacturer) were about the same with both because Toyota's parts prices were higher than GM's. So what's the difference?

I'm finally no longer a GM dealership employee and they've done a few things to cost them my loyalty but I can honestly say that if I ever tampered with a warranty service satisfaction survey at a GM store, the dealer probably would have been pressured into firing me.

I drove some Toyotas as company vehicles and just never felt the magic. They were smaller than the compariable GM car and had smaller engines that delivered less fuel economy. Fit and finish was pretty similar. And the Toyotas cost a little more. Maybe it's different now but I don't think so.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.