1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1st Production 2008 Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Charles L. Schmidt, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

The first production 2008 Dodge Challenger to roll of the assembly line is to be auctioned off tonight at the Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction (see link above).

Any guesses as to what it'll bring? You can see it on Speed shortly. The Lot# is: 1331.

cls

[​IMG]

2. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

$500'000 + maybe, the first mustang shelby went that and more for auction. I'm sure Ron Pratt will put it in his collection.

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

It won't bring what the ZR-1 did! You'd probably have to add the two together to get close to the ZR-1.

ec90t

4. Charles L. Schmidt

$145k

I thought it would bring more...

cls

5. Charles L. Schmidt

That wasn't it, not sure what that one was. It wasn't number 001 anyway, it's on the block now...

cls

6. Charles L. Schmidt

SOLD! $400,000

cls

7. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

thats a nice car its hard to believe how much money people have even if i had alot it would be hard to spend a mil on a car

8. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

Car Buying at Barrett Jackson makes shooting sports seem super cheap!!

Tell you Wife to watch the car auction and tell her that you are thinking about switching hobbies and she'll appreciate how cheap buying guns and ammunition really are.

My wife said tonight "why don't you go out and buy a couple of guns instead".

9. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

That hot rod bus was pretty cool...now THAT would the way to show up at the Grand with your squad!!!!

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

It's worth every penny if it has the Cummins diesel option.

11. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

The economy sucks, thats why prices are down.I saw some on wednesday that your avere guy could afford. Barret Jackson has ruined the muscle car sport singlehandedly for everybody except the rich.

12. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Kelly,

Your statement above is totally contradictory. You say that you saw some on Wed. that the avg guy could afford, then you say that Barret jackson has totally ruined the muscle car thing for everyone except the rich. Huh?

To build a muscle car is still totally affordable if you are mechanically inclined, and know what to look for.

Barrett Jackson is not the place to judge values. It's not real world. Last yr. i saw a car on there IDENTICAL to mine, with the exception that the one on BJ had a big block. No numbers matching, no history, etc.

My car has a .060 over 327 out of a '68 vette, with ALLOT of improvements over stock. It's right around or a little over 400HP. I'd call that a wash vs. the big block car on BJ. Even the color combinations were the same. The car on BJ went for 46,000.00

I have WAY under 20,000.00 in mine. Here's a pic:

<a href="http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r129/blizzard9605/?action=view&current=2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

BJ is a show for the rich, and nothing more.

13. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

Ask any car collector what drives the prices, and they will tell you its Barett Jackson. Every guy with a beat up car now thinks its worth big money because of them. The cars I was referring to were everyday drivers, unlike the stuff you see on fri, sat, sun. dont judge values by jackson?? Go try to buy a musclecar anywhere and you will see how they have affected the market,you cant afford a muscle car today, that they couldnt give away 5-7 years ago. I'm around car shows and racing all summer for my part time job, and there is nothing good said about Barett Jackson for what theyve done to the market. It all comes down to opinion, I guess ours differ,but thats cool. Nice car by the way!!!!

14. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Blizzard,

That's a pretty cool '65 Biscayne! I used to have '65 SS Convertible a few years back. I got broadsided in an intersection and the car was a complete loss. I sure wish I had that one back!

ec90t

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I don't even bother going to Barrett-Jackson anymore, the place is a ZOO and they treat you like you are from a 3rd world country unless they see you bidding on a million dollar baby ... I prefer the Russo & Steele Auction, a lot better prices for the same basic cars and they treat you like a customer would want to be treated ... I had a V.I.P. pass for Barrett-Jackson on Saturday and went to the Russo & Steele auction instead, they had some great deals on the block compared to B/J and the place was wall to wall people ... I also made the show at the Pavillion on Indian Bend and the Loop 101, and out of approx 300 cars that I looked at 87 were for sale at some very realistic prices ... The show at the Pavillion had probably 700-800 cars but I was getting tired of looking and opted to leave early and head home ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Thanks for the compliments. They sure are allot of work.

17. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I don't understand why the mid 70's vettes have not become more popular. If you want Horsepower, you can buy late 70's early 80's vette for around $9,000-$10,000.

18. lumper

lumper TS Member

I have yet to see them auction a everyday driver for the common man ... as soon as they begin having Yugo's up for sale will be when they are no longer just auctioning cars for the rich of our society.

19. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Setterman, late 70s early 80s, not really a lot of power in that time frame. Good base cars to build though.

20. Notime2

Notime2 TS Member

I watched on Speed TV when the Challenger got hammered off. $355K went to the charity Dodge sponsors. Overall $ 5 million was sent to charities from car guys. Not bad for a 6 day event..Let's not forget the good when looking at all the money spent...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.