1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

***1988 Mercedes 560SL F/S 18,500 orig Miles!***

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Bob Schultz, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Active Member

0   0   0

My heart is lusting for one more car...alas one must go to make room in the garage for the new toy. I am the second owner of this pristine MB 560 SL. It has never been out or driven in rain or snow! I will gladly provide the VIN if you wish to run it through Carfax. All the paper tags are on the body parts, there has never been any body work done to this car. Its kept covered in a dry cool garage. Convertible top is like new. The hardtop which is not pictured is in storage at the local MB garage. The body is perfect and the paint is near flawless. (there is one 1/8" speck on the rear deck...) The only thing on the car that is not original are the tires. I had to change the Pirelli's after 15 years as they were unsafe to drive on. The 5.6 liter V8 has lots of power. Everything works as new. No cracks or wear on the interior leather. It has a cassette tape player if you still have any of those laying around! Car has been service bi-annually since new. (Most of the miles are going to get the oil changed!) This is a delightful driver and if you are looking for a great sports car this could be the one.

Price $23,750.00 I have clear title and transport to most places east of the Mississippi would be under $1000.00. If you choose to pick it up you can drive it anywhere. Thanks for looking at the post...I know it's not a shotgun, however I wanted to offer it to TS.com folks before listing elsewhere.

Bob Schultz - 800-684-6329
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Bob Schultz

0   0   0

Couple of other things...

• Runs on high test. Gets about 18 mpg around town and 21 on the highway.

• Tires are Michelin. I opted for them as they ride better than the Pirelli.

• All recent oil changes and service has been performed by Euro-Spec Automotive in Arden, NC. They will attest to condition etc. and have computer records of what little service has been done.

• Spare tire in trunk is the new original Pirelli. (Its also 23 years old so I don't know if I would use it for anything...)

• All tools, jack, owners manual and the new owners cassete tape come with the car.

Thanks for looking.

Bob
  3. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

0   0   0

Bob,
    I'm a truck guy, but enjoyed looking at the pics of your car. Good luck w/your sale.
    Jimmy
  4. Tron

Tron Well-Known Member

0   0   0

SWEET car!
  5. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

0   0   0

Nice car and nice housing
  6. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Member

0   0   0

Nice car! Remember back in that day, this was THE car people lusted after!

Bob, why didn't you drive it more :)
  7. JACK

JACK Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Wow! if this car is beng replaced... What could that be?
  8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

I always thought that particular body style would stand the test of time when new. I still think they are beautiful. I wish I had a couple of extra $$ so I could have it for myself.

I hope the new one is a beauty like this one!

ss
  9. Bob Schultz

0   0   0

Thanks for the compliments...I live around the corner from this spot on the lake. It is pretty and this spot is especially nice for taking car pictures.

A fitted car cover goes with the car as well. It's one of the really good ones that keeps out moisture however it breathes kind of like Gore-Tex.

I'll keep you in suspense on the new toy until it arrives...then I'll post pictures.

Bob
  10. Bob Schultz

0   0   0

"...why didn't you drive it more?" Good question. I guess having such a pristine example of Mercedes last simple sports car was enough. My wife was always asking if I had worn the paint off it by waxing it too much! I too considered this to be one of the automotive icons of the late 20 th century. Sitting still they are a thing of beauty to me. Now I've had it for a time and the next lucky person can enjoy it as I have. Whether it's Garaged or used as a day driver, it's a great car! There is nothing like it on the market any more...and most likely never will be. Bob
  11. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

0   0   0

Wish this was for sale before I got the pony to fill that spot in the garage.
  12. eightbore

eightbore Active Member

0   0   0

I have no interest in any more cars but I would like to buy the guest house. If I have to take the car to get the guest house, OK, I'll take both.
  13. Bob Schultz

0   0   0

eightbore,

Unfortunately (for you and me both...) my sister-in-law has first dibs on the guest house on the lake. But if you come by I'll take you for a ride in the car and fishing on the lake!

Bob
  14. pdq

pdq Member

0   0   0

Bob:

PM me -- I think I can help you sell that car.

It's a beauty.

Pete
  15. Bob Schultz

0   0   0

Pete, you have an IM.
  16. Bob Schultz

0   0   0

Answers:

Yes, the car is ready to drive anywhere..However I would have it shipped, its not real expensive and you won't put the miles on the car. I have done this a number of times with no problems.

Hardtop is the same color as the car.

H rated Michelins. You could go higher but I never planned on going over 120!

Yes, cassette deck is the original.

Yes, foglamps are original.

Thanks for the emails and PM's.

Bob
  17. Bob Schultz

0   0   0

Yes it has factory air and it blows very cold. Nice when its 90+ degrees like today...

Bob
  18. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

OMG, Bob. That is a real beauty. I have loved and driven a few Mercedes over the years and always loved the SL model. Should be a quick sale.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL
  19. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes TS Member

0   0   0

Where's Earl when you need him?? Right up his alley.
  20. Bob Schultz

0   0   0

I have tentatively reached an agreement on the car. Will post definite sale when cash is in hand. Thank you all for looking and all your kind words. I'll miss the car but soon a new toy will fill the void in the garage...I'll post pictures if that deal works out.

Bob
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.