1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1985 Citori barrel ok for steel?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wayneo, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Click on the link.

Wayne

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Read the info on the barrel. If the barrel says STEEL SHOT then OK if not its NO

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

John, click on the link and look at the chart given. A MOD. Ivector choke is a FULL with steel. I would not shoot anything tighter than an MOD. with steel out of my Citori.

Wayne

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I like how they say using a full, or extra-full choke will result in a "Blown" pattern. Is that like a "Blown" barrel.

I see the old A5 Belgium's are not to shoot steel through those barrels, eliminting very possibly 90% of the best waterfowl gun ever made. IMO. You can however buy a barrel made in Japan, and it will fit the older models. That will raise the price of the Japan models. Hmmmm, do they still make the A5?

I see they do. The receiver is aluminum alloy. I think I would buy Belgium, and replace barrel.

5. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

You are more likely to have potential problems by using the larger steel pellets and a tight choke. I wouldn't worry at all about shooting #7 steel pellets out of skeet chokes. Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.