1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1980's era Winchester 101 questions ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Have a Winchester 101 which I bought new in the early 1980's. Field stock and 26-inch barrels.

It came with Winchokes which used a spanner wrench.

Have come across some Winchokes which are from the same era. The overall choke length looks the same (1.825" to 1.835" nominal) on all the chokes. But the thread length varies slightly. And the choke wrench on the newly acquired chokes looks like a T-wrench which uses slots in the choke mouth similar to modern chokes.

Are these chokes interchangeable in my early 1980's Winchester 101 ?

Also, came across another Winchester 101 from the same era which has factory 23½ inch barrels fixed-choked Cylinder (0.000") and Skeet (0.005"). Was this a special order gun or a gun made for the European or Asian market ?

2. lostandout

lostandout Member

i just bought a classic doubles made buy winchester at about the same time any invector choke will work im using a tube from a mossberg in mine works fine

brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1980s winchester 101