1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1980's Browning Citori Trap Value?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 3220, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3220

3220 Member

Hi,

I am looking at a 1980's Browning Citori Trap in as new condition. It has 32" barrels. Is that a good gun for shooting trap and sporting clays? If so, what would be a good price on it?

Thanks in advance,

Fred

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Good gun, especially with 32" bbls. Value is all about condition. Could be worth well over a grand if in super shape. Check the wear points, look down the bbls to make sure they are straight, measure the constriction so you know the chokes haven't been opened, and look closely at the wood for cracks. Also check that the rib isn't loose.

-Gary

3. todddietrich

todddietrich Active Member

Fred,
    The first question I would ask is does the Citori have fixed chokes or choke tubes. You might be at a disadvantage shooting close targets with fixed chokes. I have been watching a few Citori's on auction sites. A good price in my mind would be less than $1,500 depending on the gun.

Good Luck!

Todd

4. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

Fred, That is a Great Gun for what You are wanting to do with it. I have a '79 Model however mine is a Trap Combo with fixed chokes and the o/u BBLS are very versatile. These guns are extremely dependable and bullet proof. The only thing that has gone wrong with mine is the locking block wore out after awhile. If you can get it for $1500.00 or less You will be doing good. Keep it clean, and greased up and You will get many years of enjoyment out of it.

Mark

5. 3220

3220 Member

Hi,

Thanks so much for the input. I wasn't even thinking parts could be a problem on the older gun. I really appreciate the help!

Fred

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Fred, I have a fixed factory choke one I would let you have for $950.00 plus shipping. Has 4 way adjustable soft comb, 30" tubes. I can send pics if interested.

7. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

For trap I'll take fixed any day of the week? Just my $.02

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1980 browing citori value

1980 browning citori

1980 browning citori value

browning 1980 trap combo

browning citori 1980

browning citori 30 value 1980