1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1980 Citori Replacement Stock?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hardRT, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardRT

hardRT Member

I purchased a Citori replacement stock on ebay. The person advertised as a take off of a type II. When it arrived it had no serial number. It has an X where normally the numbers matching it to a gun would be. Everything looks right except where the cheeks of the stock would match up to the receiver. When you do a "try" it appears you would have to reshape the cheek to the tune of about a fat 1/8" In all the places that sells new browning stocks they make the disclaimer that all stocks require final fitting...my question this much? Any help or experience would greatly be appreciated.

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

If it was advertised (truthfully and accurately) as a take off it obviously fit some model of gun and shouldn't require fitting. My guess is either you don't have a type II or else the sellers advertised spec's aren't accurate.

3. hardRT

hardRT Member

Thanks,

One thing I did not mention is that I highly (99.999%)suspect it was never on a gun. I haven't bought a much for guns on e-bay....stocks a forearms may not be the best place to get a deal. I think your echoing my suspensions. Pat

4. hardRT

hardRT Member

To anyone who can help or with experience: I'm just wandering if it's normal to have that much fitting to replace the stock on a citori. It appears with a good bit of work it can fit nicely...I think.
    Pat

5. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Pat,
    I recently bought a stock for a 1981 Citori trap from Midwest Gunworks. I too was worried about the "slight fitting may be necessary" disclaimer. However, when I got the stock and went to assemble .... it fit right on the receiver perfectly. No sanding or modifications needed at all. I cant imagine a replacement stock (from Browning) would require anywhere near 1/8" of trimming at the receiver.
    Brian

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

It depends then on who made the stock. Some stocks that are intended to need fitting leave a good bit of extra wood so there is no doubt you will be able to make it fit.

7. hardRT

hardRT Member

Thanks everybody. I decided yesterday late to keep the stock and try to inlet it myself. I'm at the point where I need some specialized tools.

This is my first double gun. It's been drug through the mud and muck of 15 years of hard-core duck seasons, dog training and epic California quail hunts. It's been rode hard and put up wet. Now I want to clean it up and pass it on to my son. Does anybody know a good stock person in California? Pat

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

There is supposed to be a stock fitter at Triple B sporting clays. Also maybe

J S Air Cushion Stocks
    850 W Foothill Blvd # 21
    Azusa CA 91702-2848

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1980 citori serial pm153
1980 browning citori
browining pm153

browning citori pm153

fitting a citori replacement stock
replacement stock for browning citori