1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1976 Olympic Trap Gun ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Prescott Gene, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

The sides of the MT6 receiver had wide horizontal stripes (most of them anyway). That may help you remember.

It is true that the MT6 was developed by Perazzi for the Montreal Olympics. MT=Montreal and 6=76. MX8 = Mexico 1968

Gene

2. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Doug: Wish U hadn't used so many LONGS. I shoot a MT-6
    and been shooting trap more years than U are old. Great
    gun.

Doyal

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Going entirely from memory, though the Perazzi MT-6 was named after the 76 Olympics in Montreal, I don't think anybody actually used one there. Different than the 68 Olympics in Mexico where the MX-8 was designed for and used by Matterelli of Italy.

Would you be thinking of the Rottweil, used by the German
    Olympic skeet champion?

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Maybe a Franchi? Franchi gave Don Halderman one of their shotguns to evaluate, Don said it was a piece of crap. He won the gold with a Krieghoff model 32 with a release on the 1st. shot. No flinching problem, just it was faster for the follow up 2nd. shot. Don and I worked together for 20 years until he had the 1st. stroke. Later Franchi demanded he give the shotgun back, that was no problem for him.

5. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

In re: MT-6

Even as early as 1976 Danielle P. was feeling the need to introduce a less expensive model for the American market. I've seen several of them and they could not possibly have been meant to compete with - let alone replace - the MX-8. For what they were charging, however, the MT-6 did represent value (if not style).

The problem was (and still is) that while people love to bitch about the price of an MX-8/Mirage, they'll save their money and get an MX-8 rather than settle for a cheaper model like the MX-4/MX-7. My $0.02 -John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1976 olympic commerative perazzi shotgun

1976 olympic trap shootgun

don halderman trap

montreal olympics trap

perazzi 1976