1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1973 BT-99 - Want to add a Release Trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by johnjjk, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnjjk

johnjjk Member

I have a mint condition (hardly fired) 1973 BT-99 and I want to add a release trigger.

Can this be done?

Who are the companies that do the conversion?

I know there is a lot of info but I did a search and didn't get info I need.

Thanks

John Krivda
    New Jersey

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

John: Contact Phil at the above website. (You might be better off calling him instead of an email). He will do a great job for you. Ed

3. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

You might also consider beaker100. He has good prices and a great turnaround time. Doug Hubbart is his name and his email is jd28hd at aol.com. Be sure to leave out the spaces and substiture @ for "at" in the address. I have used him and he does good work.

4. johnjjk

johnjjk Member

Thanks to both of you for your response.

One additional question,since I will add the release trigger, I was thinking about have the barrel threaded. It currently has a modified fixed choke.

Any recommendations for barrel threading?

Thank you

5. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

John: Send your barrel to Stu Wright at the above website. You can't go wrong with Stu's chokes. Send your trigger assembly off to Phil and your barrel off to Stu and in a couple of weeks you'll be in "business". Good Luck. Ed

6. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Either Phil or Doug will do you right on the trigger and Stu Wright is great on the chokes just as Ed said. You might want to consider having Stu bore the barrel out .010 and make it a fixed full or improved modified choke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.