1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1965 Superposed - your opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pharmvet, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pharmvet

pharmvet Member

I just purchased (on another site) a 1965 Superposed 12 ga Grade I Lightning w/ 28" bbls choked MF. The seller rated the gun 98% and from the pics I would agree. Correct LOP with factory buttplate.

What is your opinion of this particular year,model, bbl length etc? This will be my first Superposed so any and all information (good or bad) is welcomed. thanks.

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

They were great guns in their time---Your mdl with a 28" bbl is probably a field mdl and not the best for trap---gL---At 98% is really great at that yr---George

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Any pics? I love these old O/U's. I had one and like alot of guns i owned i just had to have something else. It became trade material. Dangit i hate when i do that.

Matt

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Own a '65 BROADWay myself... damn fine gun!

Jay

5. Shane in WI

Shane in WI TS Member

I have a 1953 Superposed Trap, that is a great gun. I'm sure you'll love yours.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Those old Belgian beauties were great guns in their day. And they are still great guns today. Plus you can get good deals on them now. Take good care of it. It's already 50 years old which means that it might only last another six or eight generations.

Enjoy your fantastic shotgun and don't be overly concerned about what anybody else thinks of it.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.