1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1960 mdl 12 rib question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by powderburn, Sep 12, 2013.

1. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi all,
    just bought a mdl. 12 and it has been built up. Has a Simmons rib, and the section of rib that is imbedded into the receiver portion is just slightly loose. It teeters just enough to move.

The gun fits me like a glove, comes up nice and points great. It hasn't bothered me while shooting, but wondered if there is a quick-fix for this. Any suggestions? It has been long enough ago now I don't think the gun store would "take care of it". They are great to work with. And I should have caught it at the point of sale. Thanks for any advice. Just sorry it took me so long to buy one of these great guns!

2. alant

alant TS Supporters TS Supporters

Check inside the receiver under where th rib is. There might be a screw that can be tightened up. Will have to take the trigger unit out.

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

You need to turn the screw like loosening it as it will back-out and pull the rib down tightening it, the screw has a beveled thread head, this is a trial error fix to tighten the rib on the receiver,

GB
    DLS

4. powderburn

powderburn Member

Ok! Thanks fellas. -Patrick