1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1953 Model 12 - 2 pin milled rib, all original

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Hookedonshooting, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

0   0   0

Very tight gun. Was a safe queen. Only mark on it is some blueing wear siz of a penny where my uncle didnt wipe it down prior to storing it for many years. Heres a link since i took 14 pictures of it (cut and paste it in a new window}

http://s1338.photobucket.com/user/PacermanMike/library/Model%2012%20Trap

This model Blue Books for $1440 @ 90% condition, $1200 @ 80%. Open to offers and questions. I live in Cincinnati

Mike

ADDT NOTE - Due to responses on this thread, the recoil pad may not be original, trying to determine pad date.

2. Hookedonshooting

0   0   0

3. Hookedonshooting

0   0   0

4. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The later recoil pad would be a clue that the gun may not be absolutely original. More and better pictures may make buyers more comfortable. It looks like a nice gun.

5. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Suggest you set your phone camera on it's best setting and take some photos outside in the sunlight - put the sun at your back (keep your shadow out of the photo) and show an overall view of the gun (full-length) and then some shots of both sides of the wood and top and bottom of the receiver,

Don't get any closer than your camera can focus and it might help if you can prop the hand holding the phone on something to cut down motion.

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Finish on the buttstock looks like high gloss. Maybe its just the photography.
    Never seen a 2 pin w/ high gloss that was original.

7. Hookedonshooting

0   0   0

It is a high gloss. And it is a 2 pin. Curious what makes an original recoil pad. Would like some info what to look for/identify. Also thanks for the photo tips. I tried doing some outside and the blueing claused /mirror/ reflections issues. Of course it was high noon. At my back makes sense. It hasnt been shot much, was considering sending ot out to see if the one mark could be buffed out by some like Stu Wright, but read that its not a good idea.

8. 16gun

16gun Member

0   0   0

Not true Barfin. Check out page 90 of Madis book 1 of 1000. It shows several styles of rubber pads that could be ordered from Winchester. You could even get leather covered pads. Best to look at gun in person to check fit before final determination could be made. Still a nice model 12 though.

9. Hookedonshooting

0   0   0

lines are smooth wood to recoil pad. What else should i look for?

10. eightbore

0   0   0

The correct pad for this gun is the 1922 patent solid red Winchester marked pad, available as a reproduction from Galazans. The pad on your gun was not in production in 1953.

11. Hookedonshooting

0   0   0

When did they make the pad it have? Cant find it in the book i have. Whats a fair price for it as is? I was thinking $950

12. Heeringa

Heeringa Active Member

0   0   0

Oldguns.net shows this as a 1953. I trust that, since I have a 20 gauge Model 12 made in 1953 and that date is verified by my uncle as when my grandfather bought it.

Heeringa

13. eightbore

0   0   0

$950 is probably a fair price. If the gun has never been refinished except the wood, it may be worth more. A two pin is the best Winchester Model 12 ever. The pad on your gun is the one they used at the very end of Model 12 production.

14. Hookedonshooting

0   0   0

Wood hasnt been touched. Nor has the metal. Edges are sharp.

15. eightbore

0   0   0

Need more pictures.

16. UTVols

UTVols TS Member

0   0   0

Hooked...I have a 53 2 pin gun that has a similar recoil pad. Original? Sorry i cant say for sure

Dave

17. Hookedonshooting

0   0   0

pm's answered.

18. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Is it marked "Trap"?

19. Hookedonshooting

0   0   0

Sportshot, at 60 years old do you look this good? LOL. There was discussion on the topic and if I could change the title I would since i getting both yea and nays on the stock. Who do I believe??? I am not trying to misrepresent the gun in any way. All of my other M12's are "newer", so i cant really compare them.

20. Hookedonshooting

0   0   0