Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1951 model 12 32

5K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  CMPeterson 
#1 ·
I have a winchester model 12 with a 32" full choked barrel with Simmons rib, rollover stock and very nice wood. The gun is flawless, not a nick or dent in the wood and blueing is 98%. I am going to try to sell it at my local club, and need help on it's value. Any input wails be appreciated.
Thanks Cory

See less See more
#5 ·
personally , the wood regardless of how clean devalues it! and simmons rib? $900 which is a level that stops most casual mdl 12 owners and then you have the purest group " if it aint original, they dont want it"!

#6 ·
that gun might have an interesting history. If it is a simmons rib then did someone stamp the proof marks on the side of the barrel or was it an original trap gun with an original rib and someone switched the receiver,. Are those factory round posts or I thought simmons used the oval posts?? might be wrong on the posts thing. Did someone restamp the proof marks?? motordoc

#8 ·
I received an additional stock with the gun, the seller led me to believe it was the original. I will get it out of the safe today when I get home and snap some pictures of it. Thank You to all of you that have responded, I am doing this beacuse of the exact items you are bringing up, I don't know if it is a $400 dollar gun or a $1500 dollar gun. Thanks again Cory!!!

#13 ·
It is a 1951 serial number. I wonder what my friend, Jeff will say about that very Winchester appearing rib matting? Are there any markings on the left side of the rib indicating Simmons manufacture? This gun looks like an original donut post Trap Grade with an out of sequence serial number. Very strange. I would probably buy that gun if I saw it on a table at a gun show.

#15 ·
1950 gun, no doughnuts made until 1954 except at a bakery.AS far as the value, it would be hard to duplicate for $1500. I dont think it will bring that.Maybe $1000 to $1200. What is the choke consriction and what does the other wood look like? That may bring the price up.Jeff

#16 ·
My book shows 1950 as 1,234,043 to 1,318,794. The rib and matting looks right as rain. There are at least two guys who can duplicate the ribs and matting. I learned the hard way never say never when it comes to Winchesters or Brownings.If it is a factory 32" doughnut its really rare.Jeff

#24 ·
The reason I started the thread was to figure out the value so I could possibly do a partial trade for a sporting clays gun at my club, not to sell it here. I am now thinking it is worth a little more thanks to all of the valuable input received by all of the TS crowd! Cory

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.