1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1951 Evinrude 2 cylinder-2 cycle

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by wild bill JP1, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild bill JP1

wild bill JP1 TS Member

0   0   0

1951 Evinrude 2 cylinder-2 stroke. 5.5 HP. This is the one with the pressurized fuel tank. Last time I ran this thing(1999), it ran great. Make an offer. Highest offer after one week 5/12 - 5/19 above my very low reserve takes it. Buyer pays shipping. Will arrange contact with e-mail & phone.

BTW motor is in Ky. I'd say the motor and fuel tank weight about 80 lbs. There is an extra prop that goes with the motor. Shipping may be more than the motor is worth???
    Thanks....

2. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

0   0   0

Your motor is a 1959 model.
    Scott

3. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Here is the one i just got rid of a couple months ago , it had not been ran for thirty years , 1956 model . you can get the exact year , there is a website that sells manuals for these old motors , put a search in for evinrude outboard motor and look for the sellers of the manuals , then put your serial no. in and it will give you the year.

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I sold a 10 Hp that looked just like that a couple of years ago and it was a 58 model. By the way, it was a very good motor and it's still being used on a regular basis. It is very easy to convert it to a single line fuel system. Jackie B.

5. wild bill JP1

wild bill JP1 TS Member

0   0   0

Well,I guess it could be a '59 model??? I was told that it was a '51. Never researched the date because it started and ran every single time. Never had to worry about buying parts or do anything except cleaning the carb. Anyway, thanks for the info.... I think I have the book on this thing somewhere????

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

The 51's had the rounded stamped steel cover. I'd say that engine was produced between 59 and around 62. They were GREAT engines and most of the important parts are still available.

7. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

0   0   0

The motor is a 1959 because it has a two line pressure tank. This was the last year of the pressure tank and the first year for the fiberglass cover on the 5 1/2. The stickers on the sides of the cover that are faded were Gold when new.
    In 1960 the stickers were black and they went to a fuel pump and a single line tank on all motors 5 1/2 hp and up. In 1961 and 1962 they changed the cover to more of a wedge style. I will bet if the serial number tag is still on the motor, it should be on the transom clamp. You will find the Model number is 5519. I worked on these motor for 30 years. By the way it has a replacment shift handle from a 1961 or 1962.
    Regards, Scott

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I have a 1915 (or so) "Knuckle-Buster". A decoration in my office. If anyone wants to see it, I will pic it and post the pic.

Jack

9. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

JeffP. Is that an 18 Horse Fastwin? I still have mine. We used too put it on a 12ft boat and ski behind it. Dave T.

10. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

7.5 Fleetwin

11. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

0   0   0

OK MIA.....lets see it....a 1915??

12. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

I have an OMC 2 cylinder ,all Brass lower unit. Wrap aroun cord. Uses spark advance instead of a throttle. Any ideas on worth ? Was running when put away. Jeff

13. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

[​IMG]

Too tough to dig it out of corener and I hve no idea where my other pictures of it are.

This is a refurb. I do not know the value, but I paid about $1500 for it 10 years ago. The born on date is around 1915. Not later than 1918 and perhaps 1912.

14. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

0   0   0

Jeff
    If you can supply me the model number from the tag on the transom clamp I can tell you the exact year.
    From your description I think it is from the mid 30's With out a picture it is hard to tell what it is worth. If it is complete with no broken or welded parts and it still runs...... About $150.00 it might bring more on e-bay, those people are Crazy!

15. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

WOW Jack, they sure don't build them like that any more! Easy to see why it was a knuckle buster, I think I'd try to wrap my belt around the wheel. Great picture, I wonder what they sold for new? Do you think boating has advanced further than guns? I would guess so unless you get into the military stuff. At least you can still shoot and enjoy some of the old guns of that era. Shoot well and often while we can, Bob

16. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Bob. The really strange thing that makes this motor valuable is that over the years of sitting the steering handles got lost or thrown out cause people did not kno what this detached hunk of metal was. A knuckle buster handle is worth 3-400 bucks. Well, couple hundred anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1956 evinrude fleetwin fuel tank conversion