1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1947 Velocette KSS Motorcycle

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by michae lee, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michae lee

michae lee Member

0   0   0

For Sale is a 1947 Velocette KSS Board Racer. 350cc single cylinder overhead cam four stroke engine. The bike is in excelent condition and runs great. I know this is a trapshooter's web site, but you never know who may be interested. I am asking $11,500.00 for the bike. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Thanks, Mike
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

where is halfmile?

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

That is cool. Nothing better than an antique bike.

4. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Thats the oddest looking trap gun i've ever seen. lol, Nice bike!!! Dale

5. Indyfireman

Indyfireman Member

0   0   0

From a retired flattracker this is a nice piece of history at a good price a collector will buy this quick, I have a friend that brokers a lot of bikes over seas the japs love this kinda stuff they would be all over it.
    Curt

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

Dale,

Thanks for sharing some nice photos of a beautiful machine. I wish I had some extra $$ lying around as that would look real nice as a center piece in my den.

HM or Neil should be able to enlighten us more about this old piece of art.

ss

7. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Knowing Neil, he's probably owned 3 of 'em.

8. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

Send Jay Leno a email along with picture, he has an extensive collection of motorcycles. About 20+ years ago a well known restorer down the road from me redone a Indian 4 cylinder for Jay.

9. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

Jay maybe a little cash poor right now. He just paid $250K for a 68 Shelby GT 500KR convertible with like 9,000 original miles.

ss

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

0   0   0

Hey, Velos really were ahead of their time, made horsepower, and handled well. The late and great Charlie Hockie of So-Cal campaigned one in District 37 sportsman events in 1957. In those days, scrambles and desert counted towards the district #1 plate. Charlie took #1, he ran a Velo in scrambles and a Triumph on the desert. Charlie told me how he would also run fuel in the Velo and it held up no problem; just no nitro to not get so much power he'd lose traction. That was legal back then. Or he would pour in gasoline that had a black dye in it, make a big scene about that, and psych other riders. Charlie was nothing if not clever.

Anybody remember Charlie? He was one of the few who also knew how to "wrench" on a Velo; he learned that from some other old timer. Charlie later went on to race a little class C for Fred Moxley, ran a motorcycle shop with the late Bill Thorwaldson and Richard Thorwaldson, C.B. Motors.

Charlie's brother was the late Willie Hockie who had Hockie's Cycles in Torrance.

Those were the days....

Thanks for this great posting of a beautiful MC...Charlie ran a 500 CC Velo, but all the same..

11. ZimZim

ZimZim TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If only I could get The Velo for my Christmas. It brings back found memories, I raced a Velocette KTT in the Isles Man, and at track events in Scotland in the sixties. Are you taking shotguns in trade? You have great looking early KSS. Jim Dinnie

12. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Put it in the barrett jackson sale.

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Very elegant, love the paint job.

We never saw Velos in the upper midwest, Might have been a couple in Milwaukee. Triumph and BSA showed up in the 50's, until then Racing was just about all H-D and Indian.

Whatever motorcycle magazines we got hold of showed them in the exotic land of California and other unheard of places as in European road racing.

Beautiful bike, Ducati used the same OHC bevel gear setup in the 60's, and they made great horsepower also.
    [​IMG]

HM

14. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

0   0   0

For a great trip into motorcycling's yesteryear and into today, check out this new website developed by Christina Ekins VanHoudt and Dave Ekins, her father.

Stories right from the Ekins family...and more and more, I'm told, will be posted:

www.budandaveekins.com

Sorry, first post of the url a typo. Now fixed. Thanks for heads up by subsequent poster.

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

0   0   0

There is some real history here re. So-Cal MC racing and Velos....late 1950's.

All comments encouraged!

...David
    [​IMG]

16. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

0   0   0

And a bigger image of the winning So-Cal Sportsman racing offroad motorcycle for the 1957 Season in AMA District 37 competition. Charlie Hockie with his Velo; long may the memory run.
    [​IMG]

17. windyflat

windyflat Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

http://www.budanddaveekins.com/

18. michae lee

michae lee Member

0   0   0

I would not be against trading. Mike

19. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Short Shucker

Was that the one advertised in the Indianapolis Star going up for auction?

I read where it sold for about that amount.

Danny

20. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

Bvr Tail,

Some little ole lady out on the westside of Indy had the car since new, as the story reads. I think the auction was 6 weeks ago. Between the selling price and commissions it totaled a quater of a million.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1947 velocette kss
velocette kss 350cc 1947 videos
velocette ktt for sale

what grade of engine oil should be used in my velo kss 1947